More harvest meat from the basement

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
moremeat.jpg

We brought more things up from the basement. Lomos, Chorizo, Calabrese, Duck coppa.

In the background is a glass jar with a rock in it. It was my welcome back to work gift after being out for 2 days with kidney stones.

Beautiful, I wish I had the skills and opportunity to do something like that. And I hope that you won't be bothered by kidney stones anymore.

Stefan

Duck coppa? Please elaborate... I do a large amount of coppa... Of the pork variety. Ask Mr. Chance... Glad you're on the mend btw sir.

Looks great. The Duck Coppa sounds incredibly good.

Dave

Gorgeous looking sausages. Maybe you could put a Charcuterie thread together - seems the other one never got off the launch pad.

Very cool.

Don't you hate the freaking stairs?

If you don't, you will.

Travis and his boys did not disappoint! Well worth all the trips he had to make up and down the stairs :D

I'll post some pics once our home internets gets working again.

I made duck 'prosciutto' by dry curing a large pastured duck breast (got it from a friend that raises duck!) in salt, juniper berries, bay leaves and black pepper for 48 hours I let it hang wrapped in cheese cloth in a cool, dry, dark place for 2 weeks. It was fantastic. OMNOMNOM. Superb with a good sourdough, a hit of mustard and fresh tomato.

Is that you Travis? And what's the chive cutting device? Looks like fancy shoes, and a DT/masamoto- esque profile.

Comcast finally got our home internet service working again while I was away this weekend. I have some pics from our dinner at A&S to post in the next day or two, including a glorious plate of charcuterie. And yeah, I had to comment on the chive work to Travis at the end of the dinner; reminded me of some of the Japanese usuba videos.

Beautiful stuff. I'd love to stop by and check it out some time. I haven't been able to do any real dry curing in a few years. It's great to see people in the DC area doing this.

Back