Quantcast
Heavy Chef's Knife - A New Project - Page 20
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Heavy Chef's Knife - A New Project

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Thx for the posts Marko. This makes sense to what I have witnessed, and not knowing why I liked it. I hope one day....
    Chewie's the man.

I will try one more geometry, and I call it the day and work on some other types - a scimitar, a miroshi among others.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

informative thread Thank You

I am putting this project on hold till I get a feedback on two geometries that that I made so far. Once a third geometry sample arrives, will resume working on a heavy chefs.

Marko, your inbox is full.
    'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford

Just cleared some space

I finally got a knife in a third geometry that I would like to try. Currently am studying it and will make a prototype shortly.

sounds like an upgraded Wusthof ... I love my 8" Classic for cutting up chicken as well as other tasks.
    I'd certainly be interested in something like that ... what would the estimated price point be?

Actually, quite different than Wuesthof. The heavy chefs' implied the weight, not the thickness behind the edge. It will not fare well cutting through a chicken, or any other stuff it is not supposed to cut. It's by no means a Western deba.

OK, the third geometry prototype is heading for testing to Minneapolis in a pro kitchen. Overnighting it tomorrow, hope it will get there by Thanksgiving.

This is 250mm gyuto in 52100, 3.4mm over the heel, 2.5mm 50mm from the tip. With a handle it will probably weigh around 275-290g. If geometry doesn't need much tweaking, I will produce a few of these in stainless and semi-stainless (A2) steel.

I am also going to do another in a geometry similar to Heiji in 52100 and that one is likely to go to Australia for a second round of testing.

Thanks guys for helping me out with testing and feedback!

M