Handle materials

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
Hey guys, this thread is a central place for those of you with orders with me to see the handle materials I have available, and potentially choose what strikes your fancy.
blocki.jpg

blockh.jpg

blockg.jpg

blockf.jpg

blocke.jpg

blockd.jpg

blockc.jpg

blocka.jpg

blockj.jpg

block2.jpg

Looks like you are paying Craig's kids way through college ;) great stuff!

Stefan

I have a block that looks like it could be from the same chunk of wood as #8. Really nice piece, as all of Craig's pieces seem to be. He (and now Pierre) have some of the best Buckeye Burl I have ever seen, great blues and purples and copper in there.

Wow those are really something Pierre.

Could you also put what kind of wood each is?

Which one do you guys think would go well with a damascus blade?

THE WOODS
1. Buckeye burl
2. Marcian masure birch burl
3. Box elder burl
4. Box elder burl
5. Spalted chechen burl
6. Spalted marcian masure birch burl
7. Marcian masure birch burl
8. Teal and black buckeye burl scales
9. Chechen Burl
10. Redish spalted marcian masure birch burl
11. Spalted marcian masure birch burl
12. Diamond willow burl
13. Diamond willow burl

Opps, did it again!
blocki-1.jpg

Man I like pretty much all of those. Threads like this make me feel like I'm part termite or something.:drool:

Great stuff, Pierre!
I'm looking for some box elder Burl with nice light green and tan threading. Do you have anything like that? :p

Now that's customer service there folks! Great looking piece.

Craig's wood sells knives:
"Hey, I have these woods for sale."
"Ill take that one."
"You have to buy a knife to put it on."
"Ok, Ill take one."

A few more...
mapleburl3.jpg
Maple burl 3
Mapleburl2.jpg
Maple burl 2
Mapleburl1.jpg
Maple burl 1
Buckeyeburl.jpg
Buckeye burl
Redwoodburl3.jpg
Redwood Burl

All these are stabilized.

I emailed with Craig over the past few days and he mentioned it's a buyers' market right now. I didn't watch the scales, but last round several didn't sell and many for the starting bid, so this may be a good time to keep your eyes open. I got some nice blocks for little over the starting bid - needed to secure my world domination on raindrop pattern Honduran rosewood ;)

Stefan

Wow, those are great. Are those from Craig too? I really need to pay attention to his bids.

No these are from another vendor. He has a huge selection, not all fancy like this stuff, but still very nice.

here are some of the blocks I had ordered for wa handles. I gave them the hose treatment to "brighten" them up a bit.
Picture1891.jpg

WOW. You have scored some really spectacular burls there, Sir. Looking forward so seeing them develop into handles on your beautiful blades.

DarKHOeK

Back