Knife Block (Storage)?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ar11

Reaction score
Here's the situation, we have a large cutting board on the island in the kitchen. Would love to use a magnetic holder, but there's nothing to mount it on so was thinking about a knife block or knife rack. Can I get some recommendations for a good solution?

• Traditional knife blocks seem to have wasted slots depending on knife sizes.
  • Magnetic blocks seem interesting but don't have many reviews. the boker on amazon is attractive
  • Knife racks - haven't seen many but worried about knife getting knocked off if bumped into.
  • DIY? - has anyone made their own. Would it be cost effective doesn't seem overly hard with the right tools

Storing 4-8 knives up to 240mm
Don't want to exceed $150 (pref under $100)

thanks!

F Dick magnetic knife block. I just bought one for $129 on Amazon, but it was the last one for sale from that seller, and unfortunately, the price just jumped up. :( I now own two of these. :) It does tend to tilt over if you pull a large knife off. You have to support the block with one hand when removing a large knife. And DEFINITELY if you're pulling off a cleaver. You would also have to worry about it getting bumped over and falling off your island unless you somehow find a way to secure it down.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00332EQT8/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

pro49cab72bcd8bb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back