Thread: Pre Order. HHH Cutting boards.

Pre Order. HHH Cutting boards.

I am happy to announce the first Pre Order on our new HHH cutting boards. FREE shipping on all pre order boards. Here is a direct link to the pre order on my web site. LINK

Im offering 10 boards with the free shipping. After that. The shipping will be 25.00 for the large board and 20.00 for the small board.

These handmade HHH cutting boards are end grain construction. Maple and Walnut. These are hand made and each will be slightly different, yet all will have the amazing pattern and beautiful look you have come to expect from us. Made in the USA exclusively for HHH Knives.

We will keep this pre order. open for 2 weeks or until I take 10 orders total. With a estimated delivery of 4 to 5 weeks. after I close this pre order. With future board orders having a estimated delivery times of 4 to 5 weeks.

At this time I have not found a shipping method for international orders that is reasonable. (Yet I am still looking.) If you would like a price quote for shipping outside of the USA. Please Contact me.

Specs.
    Length 20.0"
    Width 14.0"
    Thickness 1.5"
    Price $265.00

Specs.
    Length 16.0"
    Width 10.0"
    Thickness 1.5"
    Price $175.00

Features Embossed HHH Logo. End grain walnut and maple. Contoured handles. and screw applied feet. Each board comes with a special blend of mineral oil and beeswax to keep your board looking great for a lifetime..

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Bump this up! I have had very good response to these and wanted to bring it back to the top B4 the FREE shipping runs out.

Thanks much
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

These look great Randy, maybe the small one in the future, although I have way way too many cutting boards, none are of the nice kind. Just some Boos at work, and some regular old maple cutting boards at home, been wanting to add some endgrains but have been looking to move for awhile. Maybe after I finally get the guts and make the move I will measure out my counter and redo my boards, a small HHH and a big custom Boardsmith should look real nice side by side. Good luck on the project, looks like a fun one to break up all of the knifework, (we all get a little crazy don't we?)

Randy, Love your knives but i think you're going to price youself out of this market at the quotes you've given.

Just saying, I just had a board made for me, 14" square, out of Walnut and Cherry. completely custom, strait sides, rounded corners, hand holds in a checker board pattern shipped for $100 (too four weeks to make).

While i'm at it, can i also suggest that I don't think screwing rubber feet on one side is a good approach either. It makes it a one sided cutting board (maybe that what your going for but it limits the usefulness 50%.)

I put little cork pads that have adhesive on one side. (found at home depot...) They still give the board a litle height and the cork feet will give grip on the table, but because they're just attached with a little self-adhesive sticker, they can be peeled off without any residual damage. Plus, you do use the feet side of the board, you can just wash the board and wipe over them cause they're so small.

Just my engineering 2 Cents, You're clearly the artist and one hell of a knife maker.

two

Mucho, Thats the type of feedback I need. It allows me to better know where I need to be in the market. as well as options that may or may not make the boards better for the end users. Which is what this forum is really about. Sharing knowledge and info to help us all get better tools, be it a board or a knife. or stone etc.

Thanks so much for the post. and honesty.

Much Respect
    Randy

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by cookinstuff View Post
    These look great Randy, maybe the small one in the future, although I have way way too many cutting boards, none are of the nice kind. Just some Boos at work, and some regular old maple cutting boards at home, been wanting to add some endgrains but have been looking to move for awhile. Maybe after I finally get the guts and make the move I will measure out my counter and redo my boards, a small HHH and a big custom Boardsmith should look real nice side by side. Good luck on the project, looks like a fun one to break up all of the knifework, (we all get a little crazy don't we?)

Thanks much. I am totally distracted most days. So when I was approched about having these made for me. And after getting one to preview and use. I was like Heck yea. I figure my customers would like them as well. I know the next question is WHO is making them for you. So B4 you can ask let me tell ya.

These are being made to my specs by the same company who makes the boards for the infamous Mr Kramer! and a few other well known suppliers of kitchen stuff! There are made to my specs. from the materials to the size and features. etc.

So We can modify them as needed to meet the market. For example. If anyone doesn't want the feet on these boards. Just let me know. and they can be left out of the equation on your board. My personal preference is a board with feet. Yet As Mucho said there are ways to work around not having them. Or we can make other modifications they will make the boards better for everyone.

Thanks again to all for checkin out this post. Please share your thoughts and give me some input and I will address the things I can fix or make better and relaunch them. Including the price, materials etc.

Blessings
    Randy

Availible Knives

Randy, fair enough. I also have tow other boards. ProTeak one 12" square by two inch and 20X 14 2.5 thick, its a beast, I think it weighs 25 pounds. My board was made by a professional too. The wood was all sources locally in Penn (Dave's back yard actually ;-)).

The glue is special purpose food grade. This new board blew away my teak boards F&F by a mile. Every seam is strait and right, not gaps between blocks either. Remember, its really just a fabricated block of wood, made up of smaller blocks. Time will tell how it holds up but i don't baby my boards either. Afer using them, I through them in the sink, wash them with cold water, no soap and leave standing up in an empty sink to dry.

I use them for everything, fish, onions, meat proteins, what eva'

Also, my new board is 2" thick, what I think is the minimal height for a good feeling chopping block.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    Randy, fair enough. I also have tow other boards. ProTeak one 12" square by two inch and 20X 14 2.5 thick, its a beast, I think it weighs 25 pounds. My board was made by a professional too. The wood was all sources locally in Penn (Dave's back yard actually ;-)).

The glue is special purpose food grade. This new board blew away my teak boards F&F by a mile. Every seam is strait and right, not gaps between blocks either. Remember, its really just a fabricated block of wood, made up of smaller blocks. Time will tell how it holds up but i don't baby my boards either. Afer using them, I through them in the sink, wash them with cold water, no soap and leave standing up in an empty sink to dry.

I use them for everything, fish, onions, meat proteins, what eva'

Also, my new board is 2" thick, what I think is the minimal height for a good feeling chopping block.
    Good stuff. I, like you "USE" the crap out of my boards. Sounds like your BIG board is awesome!

LAST CALL for the pre order This FREE shipping offer ends today at midnight. Thanks to all who ordered.

Blessings
    Randy

Availible Knives