Thread: Misono Dragon

Misono Dragon

After some time on the web looking to replace my beaten dragon I found a brand new 270mm dragon from 08 with the etched dragon on the front. I didn't believe it till I saw it but its the "old school" dragon. If anyone is interested yoshihiro cutlery has them and I know he has 2 more 270's and don't know about the 240's. definitely double check before you order but its the real deal I got it today.

What's again the difference between the old and the new dragons? Here my 240 -production code 081. Don't remember how it translates to a production year.

http://postimg.org/image/knfilj9gf/

The conclusion we came to is the number 081 would be either made, produced or shipped in 2008. After I think 2011 they were stamped it looks like. I don't remember where but there is a thread that shows the difference side by side.

Do you still have the old beaten one?

Are you sure it's the yoshihiro store? I just checked, the only knives they carry are yoshihiro.

What's the difference between the pre-dragon Swedish carbon Misono's and the dragon? I have an older 240 sujihiki that I'd keep if it was a 270. Great knife.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    Are you sure it's the yoshihiro store? I just checked, the only knives they carry are yoshihiro.
    Here you go

http://www.echefknife.com/misono-swe...eel-gyuto.html

Quote Originally Posted by bkultra View Post
    I believe that is the newer model--ms-114? Turbochef must've got the last one--gratz!
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

You are correct, I believe it is the new model now.

That's interesting bc when I asked them they said they had three of the older ones. I ordered ms 114. If you look at the 240's they are ms 113 and the one smaller than that is ms 112. I believe the newer numbers in the bolster would be 141. Email them and they get back to you right away.