250 sanmai with plum red ferrule and end cap

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
Just trying to keep my sanity. Worked on this for a couple of weeks a little at a time.

I go to the doc on Thursday to see when I can go back to work.

Curly maple handle with paper micarta ferrule and end cap.

Thanks for your support.

Love and respect

Hoss

002.JPG

003.jpg

004.JPG

Nice work Hoss. Hope the doc gives you a clean bill of health!! Been missing your work!

I hope you will get good news from your doc, Hoss! And that's a nice result of 'not-working' in your picture ;)

Stefan

I would trade all of my gyuto s for one of your sanmai gyuto

A very handsome knife! Good luck with the Doctor, Devin.

Looks great, as always, Devin. I really like the vintage feel to the handle.

We're trying out a new steel on this one.

Hoss

I guess I like micarta after all. Man that looks good. Great that you're staying busy. Good luck Devin.

As someone who has recently returned to work after 2 months due to ankle surgery, I know what it feels like to go a bit stir crazy in the house. I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery process.

Hoss....seriously...that is the best looking handle I've ever seen. It's making me reconsider copper/stainless spacers and mokue.

Is that stainless clad?

Thanks everyone, I originally posted that I was going in on Thursday, but the appointment was today because of Independence Day.

The doc says that I can start working a little now but that it will still be three months or so before I'm fully healed.

Hoss

Great news! Keep it light, healing first!

That's easily the nicest curly maple handle I've seen. I hate curly maple! But I'd buy that one in a heartbeat. :thumbsup:

I just looked at it again and I really like the color of the micarta. Reminds me of bloodwood but probably nicer to work with.

Stefan

My wife loved those red accents. She used to have a car in the same color, brought back some memories.

I think as reds go, this is the nicest (coming from somebody who never used colors on his handles). Love the maple, one of my favorite woods.

San mai looks great (should go without saying)

M

Twin sister.

Dark brown paper mircarta with woolly mammoth spacers and blood wood handle.

Hoss

001.jpg

002.JPG

That is purdy! Is this core steel a carbon, or stainless?

It is a tool steel with some alloy, one we are trying out. It will patina.

Hoss

Back