Quantcast
Japan Trip 2013 Photo Thread - Page 10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Japan Trip 2013 Photo Thread

also, today, i just got back from the craftsman's workshop, but i wasnt able to take any pictures today. We ended up talking for a few hours about steel, heat treatments, profiles, forging techniques, carbide structures, knife history and culture. Then he showed me some different heat treatment carbide structures (for what its worth, there happened to be a hrc tester, a few microscopes, a number of books and photos of microscopic steel structures). However, because it was a very hands on experience and a lot of talking, i wasnt able to take any serious pictures. Sorry.

Having dinner with him and his wife in a bit though, so i'll do my best to take pictures then.

Well, japanese food safari has dramatically moved up the bucket list! Talk about eating with your eyes!

i dont know if you guys know this, but i love japanese food enough that i wrote two theses (though i guess it undergrad its more of just a long paper) on the subject in college

Thanks for sharing all of this with us Jon!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    i dont know if you guys know this, but i love japanese food enough that i wrote two theses (though i guess it undergrad its more of just a long paper) on the subject in college
    Nerd.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

last bit of japan photos...

Food... I stopped taking pics about half-way through as the conversation we were having was really interesting and i got distracted. Sorry. -

and some equipment from a knife makers workshop that might be of interest to some

I wanted to take more, but my hands were tied up with other things, so it was hard to take pics.

+ Reply to Thread