Quantcast
Japan Trip 2013 Photo Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Japan Trip 2013 Photo Thread

stupid question, doesn't that liquid hurt your skin when you expose yourself to it?

it's radiator coolant, stops corrosion.... i've handled it barehanded it feels like it eats my skin when i exposed myself barehanded. (both from liquid cooling computers and cars)

nope... i've had my hands in that kind of water for a few days straight now and no problems (plus, i do this every year and no problems yet)

today, i ended up having dinner by myself (i was exhausted after today's work... pictures are coming after this)... check out facebook for picture descriptions (the link should be in my signa

And here are todays pictures from my training with the craftsmen here (sadly, its impossible to both do work and take pictures at the same time, so there arent many pictures of me actually doing things, but i promise i was... all day in fact... i've got the blisters and calluses to prove it)

Jon, do you intend to forge knives to sell? I thought your training was in sharpening.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

not really... i a more concerned with better understanding the various processes of knife making and becoming skilled in them so i can better choose what kind of knives to sell, better assess knives, do a better job at fixing them, and be able to talk about their various aspects in much greater detail and with much greater knowledge. This is why i train.

If it was at all possible, you just went up in my esteem.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

also, building trust with the craftsmen in important as well... the more they see me as a capable person, the more seriously they take what i have to say, and the more they can rely on me for care and maintenance of their products

Great Sequence
    And I admire your professionalism