• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

yet another fire sale, Ealy, Henry forgecraft and Antique Sheffields

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
Hello, Guys
It's Doctor time again and with a sad heart I must part with some treasured pieces. Oh well, that is how life works sometimes. Up for your consideration today is a Delbert Ealy AEB-L 150mm petty, a Mike Henry Forgecraft wa-conversion 7in Nakiri type. A Carbon 9 inch slicer dated 1850 by R.H&S->1850 made in Sheffield perhaps. (predates origin marking). An almost identical carbon 8 inch slicer with no markings.

First up is a Delbert Ealy 150mm petty in AEB-L
maple lace burl handle with redwood lace ferrule
mokume gane
Burke cutlery blue saya
This knife is more or less in like new condition with original edge, very very light scratches from pulling it in an out of the saya. I would keep it if I could and will definitely buy one in the future. It is a great cutter. I'll be sad to see it go. $225 with saya and free conus shipping.

stuff2 018.jpg

stuff2 019.jpg

stuff2 020.jpg

stuff2 021.jpg

Next up is a Mike Henry- Sachem Allison- Forgecraft collaborative, Forgecraft made the knife, I modified and f$%^&d it up and Mike Henry turned it into something beautiful and useful. A 7 inch Wa conversion Nakiri style knife. I took an old forgecraft cleaver and chopped off the hanger hole and tip of the spine because I thought it would make a great nakiri unfortunately that was as far as I could go since I didn't have any tools. Mike was just starting to do the conversions So, I sent it to him and he executed it beautifully. Thanks Mike, I wouldn't be getting rid of it if I didn't need to.

Forgecraft wa-handled nakiri style
7 in 1095 blade
Stabilized Mrytlewood burl handle from Mark
Thuya burl ferrule?
horn spacer

$150 conus shipping. That's what you would pay for the handle alone. with labor and shipping back and forth and the original blade we have twice that into it.

stuff2 012.jpg

stuff2 013.jpg

stuff2 014.jpg

stuff2 015.jpg

stuff3 013.jpg

Now, with what I am pretty sure is a Sheffield, I have been collecting Sheffield for years. This is the first one I have seen with these markings and I haven't been able to find any information on it. The blade is stamped R.H&S->1850 and underneath KF 3084 There is no origin mark and it has not been worn off. The knife is almost certainly Sheffield in that it has that typically British bird's head handle. It definitely needs some love, It hasn't been sharpened in years and could use a little bit of cleanup. It is in remarkable condition for its age though and will become a nimble razor blade in the kitchen. It has an awesome distal taper. I wasn't able to get it in photographs because it was too thin and my skills suck.

1850 Sheffield Blade?
9inch carbon slicer 1 5/8in wide at heel
old growth beautiful rosewood handles
nickel pins
full integral

$150 conus shipping
very rare, only one seen in 25 years of collecting.

stuff3 005.jpg

stuff3 006.jpg

stuff3 007.jpg

stuff3 008.jpg

stuff3 011.jpg

last one is an 8in version of the one above unmarked. It is very well made but, I feel that it may have been made 75 years later than the 9 in one. The grind is different and the distal taper is much thicker. If you didn't know what to look for you would swear they were made by the same Smith.
Unmarked Sheffield blade?
8in carbon 1 1/2 in wide at heel
old growth rosewodd scales
nickle pins
full integral

$100 conus shipping needs some love also a razor when sharpened.

stuff3 001.jpg

stuff3 002.jpg

stuff3 003.jpg

stuff3 004.jpg

Now, with what I am pretty sure is a Sheffield, I have been collecting Sheffield for years. This is the first one I have seen with these markings and I haven't been able to find any information on it. The blade is stamped R.H&S->1850 and underneath KF 3084 There is no origin mark and it has not been worn off. The knife is almost certainly Sheffield in that it has that typically British bird's head handle. It definitely needs some love, It hasn't been sharpened in years and could use a little bit of cleanup. It is in remarkable condition for its age though and will become a nimble razor blade in the kitchen. It has an awesome distal taper. I wasn't able to get it in photographs because it was too thin and my skills suck.

1850 Sheffield Blade?
9inch carbon slicer 1 5/8in wide at heel
old growth beautiful rosewood handles
nickel pins
full integral

$150 conus shipping
very rare, only one seen in 25 years of collecting.

mine!

First up is a Delbert Ealy 150mm petty in AEB-L
maple lace burl handle with redwood lace ferrule
mokume gane
Burke cutlery blue saya
This knife is more or less in like new condition with original edge, very very light scratches from pulling it in an out of the saya. I would keep it if I could and will definitely buy one in the future. It is a great cutter. I'll be sad to see it go. $225 with saya and free conus shipping.

I'll take the Ealy.

sorry , my friend the Ealy is sold pending funds, if it falls through you are next in line.

I'ma tell you guys right now, that nakiri gets sharp as ****. Cool little knife for sure. PS Son I'm back on my feet so I'll have to return your cane.

Are these guys asymmetrically ground? Just curious...

the 8inch one is slightly convex on the right side and fairly flat on the left. The 9in is very slightly convex on the right and flat on the left also

Good luck at the doctor Son. The ferrule on that nakiri is stabilized Thuya from burlsource

Back