Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mother-in-Law knife?

Gesshin Ginga stainless chuka. No carbon steel blades for her... * shudder*... and she's used to using Chinese cleavers.
    Len

An Icel made Santoku. For my wife, it's a Rodrigue custom...what?!?
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

A block of Calphalon classic for our counter. German steel made in china. Oh how I would like to replace it but granite counter use + finding one in the dishwasher every now and then keeps me from upgrading. I get my enjoyment from using the coarse Edge Pro stones on them. I bought an ITK bread knife thinking it could replace the Calphalon but frankly I don't want to see it get abused so it hides with my traveling roll of knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    An Icel made Santoku. For my wife, it's a Rodrigue custom...what?!?
    par....errr?

Saw the MIL using the wife's Myabi on the granite countertop this morning... Two BoardSmith's were within easy reach

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    that's my wife knife. my M-I-L knows to not touch my things.
    The Shun classic was my wife's knife as well (though I use it once in a while). She is now using a Sakai Yusuke 210mm SS, thanks to BST!

No mother-in-law knife here, but I do have a $10 china-made henckels in case my just-plain-mother ever comes by.
    - Erik

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    Saw the MIL using the wife's Myabi on the granite countertop this morning... Two BoardSmith's were within easy reach
    I don't understand this. Where in the H E double Hockey Sticks do people get this idea? Chopping boards exist for a reason. This just makes me mad reading this.

When we first got married, I caught my wife doing this with a shun 4" parer that I had just finished polishing a day or two ago. I was sufficiently upset about it that I brought her to a cutlery store and found a knife that she liked, so she'd stop messing with mine. Obviously, being newly wed and not wanting the gates to heaven close, I didn't freak out. I calmly explained to her how much the knives meant to me, and made a comparison that it would be like me dropping her guitars on a concrete floor. She hasn't done it since, which I very much appreciate.

I don't let guests use my knives, they are too sharp. The last guest that used my knives nearly cut a finger off. I warned them "Careful, that knife is probably a lot sharper than you are used to." They decided to test the sharpness on their finger...but they did it wrong and cut most of the way to the bone. I have a beat up 6" cutco santoku I let guests use

Lol, deal with it, fix it later and put a smile on your face....it is not worth an argument.

Name:  guillotine.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  4.0 KB
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller