Quantcast
Thanks Guys (kato)
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks Guys (kato)

Thanks Guys (kato)

I wake up today with many of emails in my mail box about that Mark going to cary Kato.
    Well i kind of expected that and was prepared by for that In fact he will not be the only one that will do that.

I thought that Kato was so special and soo Unique of a knife that from start so thought for sure it will be copied and tried to get from other sellers.

Thats why we made Workhorse with different steel and different profile and also better FF.

But i am very humbled that so many wrote to me about it and showed your concern !!
    Thanks

I'm assuming the Kato he will sell will not be the same - probably the ones that can be found in Japan, and made of blue #2 I think. I didn't know about this news, but just checked the website and see that prices are high, and much higher than what the other Kato would cost in Japan - maybe $150-$200 more. I'm sure they're great knives, but based on this I wouldn't advise anyone to buy the CK2G Katos.

Ohh yeah just seen that
    Not only that ours is better with more care and its also cheaper, by a LOT, plus i have free shipping.

I need no convincing!

On Friday, there was this claim

They're getting handled right now. I'll add more to the item info pages once they're ready to go. And yes they're the same knives with our handles.
    Also saw another reference to Kato knives here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0619109&type=1

Oh well, I will just have to wait for chrysanthemum dragon to arrive at my door in August.

Yeah that would be tosho knife arts in Toronto. Ivan and Olivia just started to carry kato, only a few

Quote Originally Posted by schanop View Post
    On Friday, there was this claim

Also saw another reference to Kato knives here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0619109&type=1

Oh well, I will just have to wait for chrysanthemum dragon to arrive at my door in August.
    So u actually got it! Nice, I am also very very exited. Hahaha

On the bright side, I guess it's all good news for Kato.

The ones on CKTG are now listed as white#2. I expect the ones that maxim sells are a bit fancier.

From his forum:
    And yes they're the same knives with our handles.

From his webshop:
    spine thickness at base: 4.69mm
    blade height: 47.36mm

And if I trust Maksims ability to read a caliper(no use for me to measure since my prototype is over a year old etc)...
    Blade Height at Heel- 50mm
    Width of Spine at Handle- 6mm

To me that's not "this new knife on the site the same one getting the hype elsewhere?", the only thing that is the same is the maker.
    -"we're gonna make gluten free lasagna"