Quantcast
Thanks Guys (kato) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Guys (kato)

Quote Originally Posted by maxim View Post
    The steel he use in ours is more expensive then white 2 !
    Yeah, and I have no problem accepting/believing.

But because its a "secret steel" it might be anything, until I will cut the tip away and send it to Gator.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    Seriously stop making mountains out of mole hills in reference to any forum bashing, try taking the higher road.

As far as Kato is concerned, more power to him, I hope, and if Maxim is the guy I think he is, also wishes only for the best for him and his success through any sales outlet, Toshi, Knife Wear, CKTG, wherever.
    Ignoring a problem isn't always the solution.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

I started this thread becose of concerns from my costumers, Kato is very small maker so getting more sellers will not affect him in any way. But been asociated with bad ones can affect him, As I been told from some emails that I got.
    That's why I made that thread so people know my relationship and our quality of workhoarse and other knives from him will not change.

And you know how some retailers like to send Japanese knives to other manufactures and be copyd and sold cheaper

So yeah some things can not be ignored unfortunately, tried that before did not turn out so great

Let's not forget the power of $$$ when a substantial order is placed by one retailer, it can close the door on others, even the one who discovered the maker.

I am super lucky I don't have that problem now with Kato

But yeah Dave I know what you mean and it was done before on purpers by some retailers to close the doors for small ones
    In the end it can actually ruin the quality and reputation of the product !!

I just figured it out.
    I have a sour feeling in my stomach.
    This whole cktg thing.
    I have no complaints about them or their service personally. In fact, in order to get me a knife before a holiday they 2nd day shipped for no extra charge when I ordered 3 day select.
    But...Who exactly am I supporting?
    I guess the deeper I dig, the more I shall learn and there will be a point where it goes beyond just knives. Well I have some things to think about I guess. Coming from 24 years of retail I can understand what's going on.
    I've had one of their Katos on my short list of what to buy next so that's why I posted in this thread. I've spent the last 90 minutes reading about the history/drama/ethics/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mast3quila View Post
    I just figured it out.
    I have a sour feeling in my stomach.
    This whole cktg thing.
    I have no complaints about them or their service personally. In fact, in order to get me a knife before a holiday they 2nd day shipped for no extra charge when I ordered 3 day select.
    But...Who exactly am I supporting?
    I guess the deeper I dig, the more I shall learn and there will be a point where it goes beyond just knives. Well I have some things to think about I guess. Coming from 24 years of retail I can understand what's going on.
    I've had one of their Katos on my short list of what to buy next so that's why I posted in this thread. I've spent the last 90 minutes reading about the history/drama/ethics/etc.
    Maxim's are better and less expensive, so your list should've just gotten shorter.
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    better and less expensive
    Pffft....is that your only argument?
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Maxim prob has quicker delivery.
    Dave
    Older and wider.

Quote Originally Posted by daveb View Post
    Maxim prob has quicker delivery.
    Oh snap!
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky