Shigefusa and Stones for Knives !

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim

Founding Member
Reaction score
Today i got 3 big packages again :D

This time some Shigefusas make in to the store !

Single Beveled KU 150mm Petty
P1050478.jpgP1050479.jpg

210mm Wa Gyutos this time with Clouds :)

And Cool Kuri Kogatana you dont see that one so often from Shigefusa

P1050473.jpgP1050477.jpg

Some Nice stones for Knives
Hideriyamas most used Jnats for Knives in Japan
Super easy to use, make perfect hazy finish with ease, and quite inexpensive :D
Full size is so clean and uniform that i will say they can even be used for razors as pre polishers

P1050488.jpgP1050493.jpgP1050498.jpgP1050503.jpg

2 Now Rare Hakkas dark reddish colors quite thick and very uniform
Also easy to use and fast

P1050504.jpgP1050509.jpg

For my self i got some very good quality Japanese Ho wood for saya making :D
1044870_587946307912566_1508278556_n.jpg

And cool JNS Tenuguis

1045161_587947414579122_797645366_n.jpg

i cannot look at that shig page on your site. it makes me cry a little. the fact that that 220mm sujihiki is still there makes me really upset

I got that Shig petty, man it is a very sweet knife. How often does he make petty's? I have never heard of a single bevel petty.:newhere::D

Good to hear a recommendation.

I've also been interested in this one. However, I was wondering if it is basically the Shig 'fish knife' or 魚包丁? They look identical from what I can tell, but in this photo the fish knife looks thick along the spine for a petty, so I was hoping the petty was thinner. Does it look the same as yours? If so, maybe it's still absolutely fine when you actually use it - who knows - hard to go by photos alone.

turiyou%2051.jpg

Shig Fish knife and that petty is different :)
Fish knife is thicker

it have also bit thicker grind and bit wider. I had both of them. It is called small fish :)

A bit thicker and wider like in a mm thicker and a couple of mm wider?

No, Grind is different thicker. I can not remember now how much thicker. But thy are made to handle small bones. Petty is not

:=p difficult to see with just pictures. I'll take your words for it.

P1050478__96876.1372861429.1280.1280.jpg

9660d3b972.JPG

yhst-27988581933240_2268_14064909

Maxim, Forgive me ignorance but is that Kuri Kogatana knife a historic knife that was used for suicide via the abdomin?

Sorry for the gore so early in the AM but I think there is a famous story from my childhood where someone used a knife in a self inflicted way to end it all. Somebody here knows the story??

Panda I read your post at work, and thought about it. When I first got it I had a thought, that it prob started out as a yangi, but had some kind of problem further down the blade. I looked at my Miz. fuguhiki and just eyeballing it it looks almost exactly same. The fugu is 300. I'll post a pic of the 2 in the morrow.

Apologize for this bit of ignorance, but what does the "vat" mean in the pricing? Include exclude....
Thanks!

From what I understand, its a eu tax. Not sure what for.

Apologize for this bit of ignorance, but what does the "vat" mean in the pricing? Include exclude....
Thanks!

"VAT"="value added tax" is a tax of goods and services within the European Union. you don't need to pay VAT if you order from outside of European Union!

Ahhh. Thanks. Looks like quite the big price difference for us then!

I got one of those pettys: takes a lot to get me excited about small kitchen knives as I don't use them that often and I already have a few that I really like.
This is just such an awesome little knife though: just as impressive if not more so than the double bevel shigs. Plus, it was at my door from the EU in less time than it usually takes to get packages from CA.

I got one of those pettys: takes a lot to get me excited about small kitchen knives as I don't use them that often and I already have a few that I really like.
This is just such an awesome little knife though: just as impressive if not more so than the double bevel shigs. Plus, it was at my door from the EU in less time than it usually takes to get packages from CA.
Ya, it took less than 7 days. They even moved it on sun.. I was very surprised.

Latest posts

Back