Quantcast
i have such a hard time flipping eggs (without a spatula)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i have such a hard time flipping eggs (without a spatula)

i have such a hard time flipping eggs (without a spatula)

i've read all the tips..i use the freshest eggs..i let the eggs pool at the front of a slightly tipped pan..

i am 25% successful. and believe me, i hoop and hollar when i am. i think i get too much elevation on the eggs..they splat when they land.

any more tips? i dont eat than many fried eggs to get the practice time needed i guess. lay em on me..tips from the pros!

You need to get a good feeling for it and practice is the only way. Once you get successful, you will even know when the egg or eggs are going to break because you didn't do the motion properly. Very Zen.

I can tell you that it has to be a very gentle and fluid motion. Yes, you are probably doing it with too much force and the eggs are flying too high.

The best actual tip I can give you is that when you are flipping the eggs, you have the pan angled slightly lower in the front and the moment that the eggs leave the edge of the pan you should already be raising the pan upwards to meet the eggs as they come back down.

This will sound strange but when working with people who also struggle with this, the biggest thing to success is to believe that you can do it. I have kids tell me they can't do it. Yes you can. Tell yourself you can do it, believe it. And they do it. I know it sounds corny. But try it.

Don't over think it. Remember Caddyshack? Be the egg Boom, be the egg.

-AJ

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Take a piece of white bread, in a dry pan, and use it many times flipping. You want to just get the bottom (close to you) to just roll over. It took me almost a loaf of bread to get to go every time. Gl with this.
    Chewie's the man.

+1 practice using just enough snap to flip whatever is your flipping. try bread, left over pancake, or an overcooked egg over medium (in a medium hot pan)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    Take a piece of white bread, in a dry pan, and use it many times flipping. You want to just get the bottom (close to you) to just roll over. It took me almost a loaf of bread to get to go every time. Gl with this.

2nd on the bread. That's how I learned when I was a young buck at the Waffle House.

At a Denny's myself.
    Chewie's the man.

You work at a Denny's?
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

20 some years ago. That was how I learned to flip eggs.
    Chewie's the man.

oh i see
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller