Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti Fatigue Mats

Anti Fatigue Mats

Looking to get an anti-fatigue mat to make it easier to stand all day.

I saw some before at costco and at bed bath and beyond, however they seem a bit flimsy compared to the heavy duty ones I've seen around. For example at Costco the person who stands at the front checking for memberships has a nice thick rubber mat. I tried it out and asked where they get it, but they have no clue.

I see a bunch on ebay...but I am looking for recommendations from anyone who uses them in a professional environment.

Thanks

Ok, first off, my appologies for not using these professionally, but if you want the ultimate look to an equine supply place, like a tack shop, for stall mats. They are really thick and virtually indestructible. Ones for horse trailers will work as well.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I get mine from Restaurant Depot.
    You can order online here - http://www.globalindustrial.com/g/wo...i-fatigue-mats

I bought a cheap anti-fatigue mat recently to try out in front of my sharpening station. I think it was Martha Stewart at Home Depot. I don't expect it to last that long, but I just wanted to try it out before investing in something better. With that said, I would also recommend investing in orthotics for your shoes. the make standing, running, and walking much less fatiguing and will also prevent foot problems later in life.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

I've been wondering about these mats. As for orthotics, etc., I've recently embraced minimalist footwear after poo-pooing it for a long time. I have tried all kinds of orthotics and fancy shoes. The way I think about it now is an arm in a cast atrophies away. The more our footwear is like a cast, the weaker and more prone injury our feet become. It definitely seems to be working for me over the last 6 mo or so.

I was using mighty mats from Shoes for Crews for years. They were decent, but not great. Now I go through my linnen disrtibutor and they take them and clean them every week. You can usually get varying thickness and each mat only costs a few dollars a week.

Gel Pro mats for home and anti fugitive mats for work.[/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by steeley View Post
    anti fugitive mats
    aren't those for law enforcement?
    - Sean

oh man . well that why they don't do back ground checks on cooks.
    there motto is no crime on the mat

I find the horse-stall mats to be a little too hard for standing in one place for hours at a time (I have a few in my shop.) I like the foam, puzzle-piece mats you can get from Costco, Lowes/Home Depot quite well. A little spray adhesive on the ground keeps them in place and they feel nicer than the horse-stall mats. If you can find the big thick ones the checkers use at costco, that would be great, but I've seen some like that at Loews and they are pricy.
    -M