Bog Oak - Flawless Blocks Stabilized by K&G

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I just finished adding 15 flawless (no cracks, voids or checks) blocks of Bog Oak from Ukraine. Beautiful black/charcoal coloring. These blocks were cut from a giant oak tree that died and fell into a swamp over 5000 years ago. As the wood was buried in mud and sediment it absorbed the minerals and turned this black color. The log these blocks were cut from was carbon dated to be 5460 years old. A copy of the carbon dating report will be included with these blocks.

Everything in the store comes with a "No questions asked, Money Back Guarantee".
Free US Shipping. International shipping is a flat rate of $20 or free if your order is over $100.
The store software is programed to give volume discounts of 10% for orders over $200, or 20% for orders over $500.

Click on the photo to see the Bog Oak blocks that are currently available. If you miss out on this batch, I will be cleaning and adding some more to the web store in a couple days. In real life the blocks look darker than they do in this photo.

5460_zpsdfbf56cf.jpg

Love this stuff. I just grabbed a block. Mark it's big enough for two handles can you rip it down the center length-wise before you ship it to me
Thanks

How hard is this to work with? I have some old Sabatier's with ebony handles that are split and am thinking this could work as an replacement.

It is pretty easy to work with.
The most common mistake people make is power buffing and getting buffing compound in open pores.
My opinion is you should never power buff coarse grain woods unless you apply a finish first that fills in the pores.
Easiest way to finish is sand as fine as you are going to go.
Then apply several coats of Danish oil or wipe on poly.
After it is dry rub down with extrafine steel wool.
Then paste wax and hand buff like you are polishing a pair of shoes.

I have added some more blocks of stabilized Bog Oak to the store.
There are currently 10 blocks available.
And I will be adding the final 6 blocks from this batch tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back