Ready Made 225mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
I would like to offer some of 225mm gyuto ready made, as this lengh seems to be sought after for a line knife with a tight work space. I will only make a few, as between the contest knife, heavy chef's, honesuki project and orders I need to deliver this month, it leaves me with no time left.

Cost $400 per knife. Shipping will be extra.

Payment upon completion. 100% satisfaction guarantee and 7 days return for a full refund (conditions apply).

225mm Gyuto

Marko, I sent submission, not sure it went through as I was redirected back to original screen....I'm in.

Keeping yourself busy, Marko! :D I'd love to get in on this but unfortunately I have too much on the way already...

I am trying to pair a 3-4 225mm with 225mm custom orders for efficiency sake. 255 is not in the plans at the moment, unfortunately.

M

submitted form also. let me know if i got in on this. thanks

I think it got submitted and I'm in??

You are in.

Whew, I better get down to planning how I will do all the work this month.

Majority went for 52100, however there were a few who dared to try A2. It's a great steel, folks. It gets a notch less sharp than 52100, then drops a little bit in sharpness after some use, and stays there for a long time. This would be my steel of choice for a scimitar, a bread, and a line knife that sees a volume of cutting.

Anyway, I got all info I was looking for, now to work. Pics as they become available.

Thanks, again. This has been a great show of confidence and I hope I won't disappoint you guys.

M

PS: unfortunately, customization is not an option on these knives. I do need to streamline all production steps, so working with same thickness wood, same width, cut into same lengh blocs, is essential for a smooth and efficient production. The problem with custom orders is that all orders have subtle differences in them (wood blocks need to be cut to size, squared, etc, different ferrule material, etc), making it difficult to work on more than one at a time. That's the cons, the pros is that you get a good knife reasonably priced. If I have time left, I might get some sayas for these as well.

however there were a few who dared to try A2. It's a great steel

i submitted the form with 52100 if i made it into this batch can u switch mine to A2. Had some questions about the steel that your post just answered,wanted to try it out but wasnt quite sure thats why i chose 52100 on the form. hope this is ok. Thanks

i submitted the form with 52100 if i made it into this batch can u switch mine to A2. Had some questions about the steel that your post just answered,wanted to try it out but wasnt quite sure thats why i chose 52100 on the form. hope this is ok. Thanks

Done.

I sent out an email to everybody who submitted input. If you haven't received an email from me, please check your spam folder and/or contact me.

Thanks,

M

Marko, I sent you an email with a question regarding your brass or silver nickle options and other things. Thought I'd post something here in case you haven't seen the email! Thanks!

Ed,
both will polish to a high luster, and both will tarnish slightly over time. Brass gives yellow accent to a handle (think Kramer knives), giving it a little bit of color. N/S is used when you want a more uniform look - less contrast between the guard and the blade. It's all about personal preferences.

M

Getting liquid nitrogen refill tomorrow, and once it in the house, will begin working on this batch.

I can heat treat only 6 knives per day, so it will take me a few days to get all blanks (225mm gyutos and 135-150mm honesukis) heat treated.

Random pics of this project are upcoming.

M

PS: If I manage to pull off these two projects in time I plan, I will consider similar projects but in different lengh/types/steels in the future. Time to get serious!

Cutting blanks and profiling them is the most inefficient step (at the moment). Unfortunately, until I get electricity upgrade, I am stuck to contemplate better options (in house blank cutting).

That's what I will do for a half day today.

M

Marko, thanks for the answer on brass vs NS. Looking forward to the knife!

Cutting blanks and profiling them is the most inefficient step (at the moment). Unfortunately, until I get electricity upgrade, I am stuck to contemplate better options (in house blank cutting).

That's what I will do for a half day today.

M

If you were closer I would offer to swap electrical work for knives:) If you have any electrical questions pm me. I've been an electrician for 29 years and an electrical contractor for 23.

Unfortunately, all electric work has to be done in accordance to NYS code and done by NYS licensed electrician.

Marko,

just curious how you use the liquid nitrogen for heat treat?

also is a passaround for A-2 or PM steel still in the works?

Marko,

just curious how you use the liquid nitrogen for heat treat?

also is a passaround for A-2 or PM steel still in the works?

Jordan,
LN is an integral part of a good heat treatment. To discuss exactly how I do, would probably not be prudent on a public forum, but I would say that every steel will benefit from a cryo treatment: hardness, ductability, structure, all improve.

Pass-arounds are hard to do at the present time as I owe a bunch of work and embark on new projects to stay competitive.

I however plan to offer ready-made knives in different steels on a regular basis. This will allow me to keep prices for ready-made knives where they are now.

There is one or two 225mm in A2 in this batch, so I hope a review will be upcoming and other ready made will include more of it, as well as PM#1 and PM#2. As more knives are out there, maybe folks would consider a pass-around.

I do solicit an input from everybody who gets a knife from me, so the feedback helps me with minute tweaks.

M

I didn't put the edge on it yet, but it is ground very thin at the edge and above. 190g. Balance 1/4 forward from the handle. The batch of ready made will be made similarly to this one.

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0558.jpg

Balance is 1/4" forward, so right at the neck. I incorporated several suggestions from recent threads in my sub forum, so this knife is pretty close to how I will make the whole batch.

Yes, and the blade is ground for the left hand use (not entirely symmetric).

M

Crisp Clean work..Im Sorry I missed the Sign up :(

Latest posts

Back