Quantcast
Ready Made 225mm Gyuto - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ready Made 225mm Gyuto

Quote Originally Posted by ms4awd View Post
    i submitted the form with 52100 if i made it into this batch can u switch mine to A2. Had some questions about the steel that your post just answered,wanted to try it out but wasnt quite sure thats why i chose 52100 on the form. hope this is ok. Thanks
    Done.

I sent out an email to everybody who submitted input. If you haven't received an email from me, please check your spam folder and/or contact me.

Thanks,

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Marko, I sent you an email with a question regarding your brass or silver nickle options and other things. Thought I'd post something here in case you haven't seen the email! Thanks!

Ed,
    both will polish to a high luster, and both will tarnish slightly over time. Brass gives yellow accent to a handle (think Kramer knives), giving it a little bit of color. N/S is used when you want a more uniform look - less contrast between the guard and the blade. It's all about personal preferences.

M

Getting liquid nitrogen refill tomorrow, and once it in the house, will begin working on this batch.

I can heat treat only 6 knives per day, so it will take me a few days to get all blanks (225mm gyutos and 135-150mm honesukis) heat treated.

Random pics of this project are upcoming.

M

PS: If I manage to pull off these two projects in time I plan, I will consider similar projects but in different lengh/types/steels in the future. Time to get serious!

The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Game face time!

Cutting blanks and profiling them is the most inefficient step (at the moment). Unfortunately, until I get electricity upgrade, I am stuck to contemplate better options (in house blank cutting).

That's what I will do for a half day today.

M

Marko, thanks for the answer on brass vs NS. Looking forward to the knife!

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Cutting blanks and profiling them is the most inefficient step (at the moment). Unfortunately, until I get electricity upgrade, I am stuck to contemplate better options (in house blank cutting).

That's what I will do for a half day today.

M
    If you were closer I would offer to swap electrical work for knives If you have any electrical questions pm me. I've been an electrician for 29 years and an electrical contractor for 23.

Unfortunately, all electric work has to be done in accordance to NYS code and done by NYS licensed electrician.