• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Latham & Owen Chef Knife and 2 Jadeite stones

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
Some of you may know how long I have been searching for Jade sharpening stones. Each time I finally have found one, I have to sell it. well, I got do it again but, this time I have a friend who periodically cuts new ones when he finds a clean enough piece. These are made of California jadeite and a dark green blue with white streaks. They are harder than steel and will last hundreds of lifetimes before you ever wear it out. They are around 10k to 12k grit and give a very high polished edge. These are from Jade Cove near Big Sur. since I don't have a strop I use a few passes on these and I'm good to go.

First one is
L 5 1/2 in x W 2 3/8 in x h 1 1/8 in

$150 conus shipping

stone 001.jpg

stone 002.jpg

stone 003.jpg

stone 004.jpg

stone 005.jpg

stone 006.jpg

second one is

L 5in x w 2 1/4 x w 2 7/8 x h 1 1/16

$150 conus shipping

stone 007.jpg

stone 008.jpg

stone 009.jpg

stone 010.jpg

stone 011.jpg

stone 012.jpg

stone 013.jpg

stone 014.jpg

1940"s Latham & Owen Sergeant 10in blade chef knife .
This is a beautiful knife, nice distal taper. Needs a little love on the stones and a little handle love. Latham and Owen started in 1921 and became famous for there knives and table ware. The plant was destroyed in 1940 by the Germans and was immediately rebuilt after the war, The Sergeant line was started then and this is one of the early ones. Beautiful old growth rosewood handles and nickel pins. 10 in carbon steel blade.

Latham & Owen Sergeant Chef Knife 1940's
10" blade
1 5/8 in width at heel
rosewood handles
nickle pins
$150 conus shipping

stone 015.jpg

stone 016.jpg

stone 017.jpg

stone 018.jpg

stone 019.jpg

stone 020.jpg

stone 021.jpg

stone 022.jpg

stone 023.jpg

stone 024.jpg

Really cool stones Son. I would really like to get one of those from you! glws I know you need the money or you wouldn't be parting with these treasures.

Back