July Contest - $100 Store Credit Prize

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
This month's contest will be a little different than before.
To enter the contest just post a photo of your favorite knife that you currently own.
You probably like all your knives.......

So choose the knife that you are the most proud of and least likely to ever get rid of and post a photo(s) of that one knife in this thread.

At the end of the month I will use the random number generator to see which post number is the contest winner. The drawing will be sometime during the day on 8/1/13.
The prize winner should contact me within a week of the drawing to claim their prize.
The winner will receive a $100 credit in our web store.
They can use the credit to get handle material for a rehandle or send it to the knife maker to use if they are having a knife made.
If you win but don't want the prize, you can always gift it to one of the other forum members.

Even if you don't enter the contest, I think it will be fun to see the other forum members favorites.

medium_cimeter.jpg

Vintage cimeter I cleaned up and re-handled.

313468_10200353198329225_730015952_n.jpg

Carter 4.7 sun freestyle kurouchi with custom handle...this thing just feels right in hand, and is as close to a laser beam cutter as I think I'll ever experience.

View attachment 16735

My Konosuke HD2 Funi/gyuto. With a lacewood saya that a friend made for me. It is very plain and not very original, but I love it. I will definitely be getting a custom handle for this sometime.

Edit: Hmm I'm not sure why the picture isn't showing up automatically. I did exactly what I did last time.

IMG_0119.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DT 250 mm, Mystery carbon San Mai.

A Marko Tsourkan 225mm thin practice gyuto. Of all my knives, this is the most satisfying when it cuts into something and makes contact with the board.

marko_tsourkan_225_thin_gyuto.jpg

cea24155-5add-4f02-af1e-b3776e82d176_zpsa86bd9a9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

takeda 21cm yanagi. its my newest knife but it's my favorite one I have ever owned. It just thrills me on the line! Soon to be rehandled by Mike Henry!

Butch 165mm tall petty in W2, from sharpandshinyshop.com
I use this little guy for everything since I'm mostly just cooking for two.

First try at a mustard patina. This bute has been rolling with me for over thirty years of professional cooking and would she ever look good with some fresh wood!!! :wink:

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Marko 225mm gyuto with Ironwood/Ivory/African Blackwood.

image.jpg

Since my last pic didn't work this will count as my submission.

My Konosuke HD2 Funi/gyuto. With a lacewood saya that a friend made for me. It is very plain and not very original, but I love it. I will definitely be getting a custom handle for this sometime.

20130705_232007.jpg

image.jpg

JmJones slicer. Take it into battle on the line every day I work.

IMG_7658 (1024x768).jpg
Devin Thomas 230mm MonoSteel Mystery Carbon Gyuto with a Brushed Wenge/phenolic handle. Colin did a cool leather sheath for it.

Attachments

• IMAG0021.jpg
    IMAG0021.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 107
I'll play - 240 Takagi Honyaki Gyuto with black ash and amboyna burl handle.

IMG_20130709_085724_zpsff262e9d.jpg

Paring4.jpg

The perfect paring knife. I looked all over and couldn't find one short enough to fit me. The blade on this one is 2 1/2" and it's got that super-comfortable Rader handle. Pick it up and it becomes part of you. (No, Spike, I don't mean pick it up by the pointy end!) This would be the last one out the door. The other knives may be great, but this one. is. perfect.

My first piece of Damascus that I forged and turned into a knife. I still carry it on a regular basis.

lol it shows up on my main comp., but can't get it on anything else.

20130710_192019.jpg

Thinking of using B.O. with bakalike, on this Shig.

Last edited:
My fat kitchen balerina that moved in after the first date, Kato 240mm prototype.
kato240.jpg

Back