KK videos

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mano

Reaction score
Jon's recent videos of new products are what I'm looking for in knife videos. I like how-to and videos that explain what's going on like the best cooking shows. Be interesting, move along step by step, show me what you're doing with brief pertinent background information and get to the final point.

Jacques Pepin's deboning video is a perfect example and so are a lot of the sharpening vids. Some of Salty's videos with music only are worthwhile if I know what he's up to, but a word of instruction at the right places is really helpful.

When I first learned about j knives a video of a Takeda gyuto slicing onions and tomatoes was amazing, but by now I've seen dozens of similar videos and they don't mean much. If the knife wasn't going to perform they wouldn't make a video. Something unique like slicing a pepper in half by dropping it from 12" is worth watching.

I like tv shows of how things are made so I like videos by knife, saya, handle and butcher board makers if they're done right.

What do other folks look for in videos?

Also, is there any way to put together a KKF video library? I'll volunteer to help.

Should add Salty's how-to videos are excellent.

I agree. Videos by Pepin, Chan, Salty, Dave M., Theory, Maxim, J-Bro, and a few others basically inpired and/or taught me how to do nearly everything I know to do with a knife and in the kitchen, in general.

Is there a page with links to all these videos? I've seen Jon's videos on youtube.

I'm honored to be mentioned in this thread. Thank you. And just to update, I have a ton of backlog videos that I just haven't had time to edit and upload yet. Halibut, softshell crab and rabbit to name a few.... I'd like to post them soon so be on the lookout.

Back