Quantcast
Salad. - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Salad.

Butter lettuce, strawberries sliced thinly, fresh chèvre, shaved roasted almonds, lemon vinaigrette-lemon juice, lemon zest, evoo,salt and white pepper to taste.

I'm very fond of this Mexican salad from Gourmet magazine many years back. It's often the side salad for my burrito or enchiladas:

Romaine lettuce, diced avocado, julienned red onion and shaved radishes with a fresh lemon vinaigrette.

Grilled vegetable salad:

Grilled red onions, red and yellow peppers, zucchini, eggplant and sliced portabella mushrooms topped with soft goat cheese and balsamic reduction.

My salads are usually pretty simple: baby spinach (sometimes in a chiffonade), tomatoes (wedges or diced), cucumber (work on a pin cut for this), radishes (usually rounds). I make my own dressing from garlic paste, salt, cracked pepper, mustard, lemon/lime and evoo. By varying the amount of lemon/lime to EVOO you can control the acidity to match mood and the rest of the meal...ditto the mustard. I usually toss the spinach with the dressing to coat, then put the veg on top and drizzle a little more dressing. Also, I like bacos on this..the fake ones, made from soy. Gives a little hard crunch and a little smoky flavor.

Also, this dressing is excellent on grilled pork...and not too bad on chicken. Been making variations on this 2-3 nights/week in the summer for the last 12+ years.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bram View Post
    Hmm... not too fond of meat on my salads. Tuna, achovy yes, but all this chicken... We eat enough of it these days, I say. I like the meatless signature and shaved kale salads above It's a about vegetables, d'mit.

Some of us like salads with meat. If we didn't, we would likely starve during the Summer months when it's too bloody hot to use the range.

Quote Originally Posted by cnochef View Post

Some of us like salads with meat. If we didn't, we would likely starve during the Summer months when it's too bloody hot and humid to cook inside.
    I never said that....why you puttin' words in my mouth?

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...l=1#post217174

Huh? It wasn't you Zwiefel, it was Bram.

Huh? It wasn't you Zwiefel, it was Bram.
    Little joke...follow the link.

Some of us like salads with meat. If we didn't, we would likely starve during the Summer months when it's too bloody hot to use the range.
    Ha Ha!!! Some of us LOVE IT!!!..... I have been living off vegie salads with Large portions of tenderloins for 13 weeks now!!

Really nice lettuce, toasted levain rubbed with garlic, sliced red onions, granola, feta, simple vinaigrette.