Quantcast
Salad. - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Salad.

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    I'd take all the meats mentioned, bread'em and fry'em all up in a cast iron skillet, make mashed potatoes and gravy, and some corn on the cob. Take all that other stuff mentioned (half of which is found in way less than half of the kitchens in America) and throw it out the back for the rabbits and hogs. ;-)

My go to salad at home right now is a quinoa and farro tabbouleh, good as a dinner side with slow cooked lamb, or a light lunch with some grilled haloumi.

I like a hearty wintery lentil vinaigrette as well. Du puy lentils, bacon, tiny croutons, cornichon, griottine cherries, celeriac, carrot, and maybe an egg ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    My go to salad at home right now is a quinoa and farro tabbouleh, good as a dinner side with slow cooked lamb, or a light lunch with some grilled haloumi.

I like a hearty wintery lentil vinaigrette as well. Du puy lentils, bacon, tiny croutons, cornichon, griottine cherries, celeriac, carrot, and maybe an egg ...
    I do love a good taboleh, but with lots of parsley and only a little bulgur.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Yep, and flat leaf parsley too, so you can eat a lot of it without it becoming overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by bikehunter View Post
    I'd take all the meats mentioned, bread'em and fry'em all up in a cast iron skillet, make mashed potatoes and gravy, and some corn on the cob. Take all that other stuff mentioned (half of which is found in way less than half of the kitchens in America) and throw it out the back for the rabbits and hogs. ;-)
    Gotta have your roughage.
    ......keeps you regular.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

A wedge of cold Iceberg lettuce, homemade blue cheese dressing, topped with bacon lardon, some ripe red tomatoes, a little chopped red onion and sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Quote Originally Posted by Burl Source View Post
    Gotta have your roughage.
    ......keeps you regular.
    Heh...I'm regularly told that by one person or the other. That's why they make oatmeal and Wheaties. ;-)

Ahhh, didn't see the link. Now I gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    Little joke...follow the link.

green papaya, thai salad.. the scariest thing about this salad for me is the Mandoline..(shiver!)

but i love making this salad. if you need protein, a grilled skirt steak sliced super thin against the grain looks and taste great perched on top.

Mandoline? Is your knife broken?

Salad looks great!