Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Salad.

When I ate at Chuckles restaurant a couple of weeks ago we had a watermellon salad that had a basil puree, red onions, arugula and crumbled goat cheese that was fantastic. K if you didn't try it I would definitely recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCSweede View Post
    When I ate at Chuckles restaurant a couple of weeks ago we had a watermellon salad that had a basil puree, red onions, arugula and crumbled goat cheese that was fantastic. K if you didn't try it I would definitely recommend it.
    I didn't try that salad, but I will the next time -- if it is still on the menu. The nice thing is that Parma is right on my way home from the airport; you can see it from the road, exit 7B.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

One salad addition I like is plumped raisins. 1/2 C raisins, t sugar, 2 T red wine vinegar. Heat up until the liquid is absorbed and add to salad.

Also, if you add chickpeas to a salad, the 360 full circle canned ones are my favorite.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by Denzel View Post
    I love to eat salad specially in my dinner. Salad is my most favorite food item. All green vegetables are good to make salad. Salad has all important nutrition for our body so it is good to eat salad daily.
    do you have a santoku?
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller