Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: well? how are your tomatoes doing?

Front yard herb and veg garden. It's my first time gardening and it's been a whole lot of fun.

Gorgeous. Congratulations.

I was given one plant and I have two tomatoes that are almost ripe. In general I no longer grow tomatoes. My farmers markets do a lot better job, and I focus on stuff that I can't get at the markets. Once I have a huge as.s garden that may change, but for not that is the case. With that said, my daughter and her kid friend neighbor plant stuff and have some tomato plants growing. No fruit now -- and they may never come to fruit.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

My plant (the only one that has come up yet) is about three inches tall.

Gardening in Canada kinda stinks. Next year I won't bother with seeds, the growing season just isn't long enough. If only I had a good spot to start them indoors.

Oh well, at least the basil is doing well. Less tomato sauce, more pesto I guess.

growing in the tropics is harder. =(

here in DK still very green, not many grow them outside. I give it a go this year.
    Seems they doing just fine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1333.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	16856Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1334.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	16857

Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    My plant (the only one that has come up yet) is about three inches tall.

Gardening in Canada kinda stinks. Next year I won't bother with seeds, the growing season just isn't long enough. If only I had a good spot to start them indoors.

Oh well, at least the basil is doing well. Less tomato sauce, more pesto I guess.
    In the 6 hours that followed this post, my garden got 125 mm of rain, which translates to just under 5 inches for you Yanks. It was already too wet this spring, I think pretty much everything is struggling with being over watered.

Other than the basil. Man does my basil ever love water.

Mine are already finished, and it was my worst crop in years. Cool spring, then just when they should have had their best production in May/June, it got too hot. Mrrrph.

My heirlooms had fruit about a week ago. The beefmasters just popped yesterday.