Quantcast
Any MMA fans? predictions for tonight? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any MMA fans? predictions for tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by mpukas View Post
    I think Silva was gonna announce that we was done whether or not he won the fight. He was show boating and got caught. IMO, Silva gave it to him, although not intentionally. Weidman may have taken Silva down right away, but he didn't do anything on the ground. His other attempts at pumelling Silva against the cage were useless. Silva just stood there and brushed him off. Weidman got lucky catching Silva, so congrats to him. I've been a fan of Silva since his UFC debut - he's an anomaly in that he is just so much better than everyone else. All he ever wanted was a real challenge in the ring, and his first match with Sonen was the only time he ever really got pushed. There's just not enough talent in MMA at that level. It's been a pleasure to watch such a talented fighter - he'll be missed.

I don't think he is done, I believe he just signed a 10 fight contract not to long ago. I do believe he has been bored for a few years now and showboating is how he entertained himself. I love watching him fight and hope to see it again.

He beat himself.
    I think he was insulted that the best the UFC could offer him was a guy with 9 fights, and rather than prove his point by just plain ol' beating the crap out of him, no fuss, no muss, he wanted to make it look ridiculous.... and he accomplished that. Success without challenge is often the worse thing that happens to a fighter. What a stupid way to lose. It's weird because I'm glad that he got KTFO'ed for being a clown, but so sad to see the greatest, most dominate run of all time end that way. Hopefully, the next 10 fights we see from him will be back to where we see how much better than everyone Silva is when he does everything right; not how much he can break every rule and get away with it.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by Justin0505 View Post
    I think he was insulted that the best the UFC could offer him was a guy with 9 fights, and rather than prove his point by just plain ol' beating the crap out of him, no fuss, no muss, he wanted to make it look ridiculous....
    Well Weidman was probably his toughest challenger since Dan Henderson even if he only had 9 fights. He underestimated Weidman and thought he could do to him what he did to Bonnar and Griffin

I don't understand the interest in a Roy Jones fight. I don't follow MMA but I'm a bit of a boxing fan and RJJ hasn't been relevant for a long time. To say he's past prime is a huge understatement and it's quite sad he's still getting fights.
    Even years ago when he fought Calzaghe he was way declined. Why not a B-Hop fight? He's still going strong, breaking records and breaking fighters half his age in the process. I guess if you had to see a RJJ vs Silva fight you could bill it as two hands at their waist fighters who eventually fell to left hooks lol. Jones against Tarver and Silva against Weidman, who'll land the first left hook.