Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sharpening while in dress shirt and tie

Stupid steve jobs!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by l r harner View Post
    i like how mike jsut walked over al sliced the bottles all but without missing a step (i would love to see a few of these cutting comp blades )
    click on this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94-DE...mbedded#at=414
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    I just watched a video the other day of Michael Rader in a Bladesport competition wearing a shirt and tie. So I think sharpening is okay. Class act.

Edit: I tried to embed the video queued up at the proper moment, but that has apparently failed. Jump to 4:40 in.
    Isn't this the ABS test minus the 90 degree test?
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

First six seconds of that video reminded me of Forrest Gump...blade sports creole, blade sports gumbo, pan fried, blade sports...

Ha ha. JohnnyChance sure has it in for me. Hope there aren't any videos of my mom changing my diaper that he can dig up... (BTW, I told her to stop doing that last week!)

Len, it is perfectly normal to sharpen while wearing a suit and tie. Take a deep breath and repeat, "I am okay with the Me." "I am okay with the Me."

Regarding the ABS tests, no. The knife has to cut two 2x4's and a piece of 1" free-hanging rope then be able to shave. No time limit - no rushing. Then about 3" of the tip (blade must be about 10") is clamped in a vise and bent 90 degrees and slowly released. If the blade breaks or cracks more than a third of the width (I think) then it fails. A journeyman smith tester uses forged steel. A mastersmith tester uses a hidden tang damascus blade. And, when I took my five knives + bent performance knife to Atlanta last year for the judging portion of the test, I was the only tester in the mastersmith room wearing a suit... and I won the BR Hughes award for my dagger... coincidence? hmmm :-)
    -M