Quantcast
Leather strop. What do you load yours with? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leather strop. What do you load yours with?

Prices look rather good...
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Dude you can save $86.40 if you by 144 large plastic jars of 1 micron green rouge!! But in all seriousness that looks like a good website to remember.

I'm a bit boring. Blue diamond on felt and that other diamond stuff on the leather hone. You know the kit Dave sold. I have some chromium oxide and balsa that I have meant to try out, but I haven't yet.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Hah Hah Adam's #2 polish cowhide leather glued to wood 16"x4".puts a nice polish on the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    https://us-products.com/sitehtml/products/compslur.php

I've been buying my slurry here at a very good price--I use it on felt rather than leather.
    chinacats, i dont have any experience with compounds at all-where on that site are the .5 or 1 micron diamond or whatever you use that you would recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    chinacats, i dont have any experience with compounds at all-where on that site are the .5 or 1 micron diamond or whatever you use that you would recommend?
    Sorry, I should've given a more direct page. I have been buying the 1 micron diamond slurry located here in 100 gram bottle ($10). Choose diamond lapping slurry/choose 1 micron (or whatever size you prefer)/then options. I pick the heavy concentration.

They also sell the green and red rouge--same link then choose medium to extra fine grit lapping compounds. I've not bought any of this before, but have called in my orders in the past and found them very helpful if you have questions. I found shipping rates were reasonable as well.
    one man gathers what another man spills...

thanks man! where do you guys get your strops from?

I'm using one of Marko's felt strops, but would also be interested in getting a leather one if it isn't too expensive. I think you can get balsa wood at craft shops.
    one man gathers what another man spills...

funny you mention that, because thats exactly what ive been doing-craft shop balsa. cheap and effective. but i would like to invest in something nicer. markos felt strop and micron spray seems reasonable, ill probably pick up both.

Nothing for me at the moment.