Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pastry Chef's

No need to apologize, you gave me some wonderful gift ideas.

why are pastry chefs knives so dull all the time?
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

Not my girls. hahaha

LOL!!
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

Im a baker and I still have the sharpest knives in the kitchen, lol. But I do have some line time during the week, lol.

I would suggest a simple duffel like shoulder bag that a simple roll can fit into. I have a 10$ duffel from target that my knife bag goes into, and all my bread tools that I transport as well. It has a few pockets inside for delicate things like my thermo and timers and such, and I made dividers out of old plastic binders to separate everything else. Not bad for my bicycle commute. If I drove, all my non-knife tools would go into a large tackle box or the like. Ill try to remember to get pics when I get home from vacation.
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

I know a lot of pastry chefs that use husky tool bags. Like the one you get at homedepot. Kind of a cross between a tool box and duffle bag. Kobi makes a duffle designed for chefs that also fits a kobi kit in the side. Heard good things.

im going to give a +1 for the koobi kit, i dont do pastry but it holds tons of stuff and has a dedicated pocket for smaller items. I have had mine for about 6 years now and its the old style, its still rocking. www.koobikit.com

Thanks for the input fellas.