Netflix/ Amazon AWESOME!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin0505

Founding Member
Reaction score
I love the similarly names youtube thread, so I thought that I'd start one for Netflix instant / Amazon streaming as these seem to be the new cable as I feel like I'm often scrounging for something "good" to watch.

I'll start it off:

Just watched "Secrets of the Viking Sword: Nova"
Which wasn't mind-blowing, but was interesting. Apparently vikings had a few swords with very similar metallurgical properties as crucible-made wootz/ damascus hundreds of years before the rest of Europe caught up. The documentary talks about the history and also follows a modern swordsmith though his process to re-create one.

Have to put that on the list. One that I liked that did something similar was histories weapons. The one they did with the samurai sword was very cool.

I don't see a link so it must not exist ;)

I love the similarly names youtube thread, so I thought that I'd start one for Netflix instant / Amazon streaming as these seem to be the new cable as I feel like I'm often scrounging for something "good" to watch.

I'll start it off:

Just watched "Secrets of the Viking Sword: Nova"
Which wasn't mind-blowing, but was interesting. Apparently vikings had a few swords with very similar metallurgical properties as crucible-made wootz/ damascus hundreds of years before the rest of Europe caught up. The documentary talks about the history and also follows a modern swordsmith though his process to re-create one.

I saw that when it was on Nova. Fascinating.

The best part was when he just took out the sword after quenching it in oil I think and it was on fire. That was an almost magical moment.

The blacksmith who made the viking sword is also the person who made Mr. Drinky's wootz steel for Randy. That is if my memory is correct. A young Kevin Cashen is also in that video as the apprentice.

The best part was when he just took out the sword after quenching it in oil I think and it was on fire. That was an almost magical moment.

Yes! It was like one of those joke birthday candles, he blew it out but it fired back up again!

The blacksmith who made the viking sword is also the person who made Mr. Drinky's wootz steel for Randy. That is if my memory is correct. A young Kevin Cashen is also in that video as the apprentice.

I didn't realize that! now they are both cooler. I'll let you resolve the vague pronominal reference as it pleases.

Back