Quantcast
Wagyu Beef - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wagyu Beef

Hi Chef,

do you know if there is any chance that a home cook like me can get some top quality waygu at all?

J.

In Sydney, Victor Churchill in Woolhara is a sure fire bet, I've bought great Wagyu for their wholesale arm in the past. You will find it reassuringly expensive though.

If you go there, make sure you pick up some of their smallgoods, the merguez sausage is banging.

James,
    You can buy wagyu from victor churchill or vic's premium meats. They sell David Blackmore , which is purebred and little pricey ($$$$ )
    I have my meat vendor coming in for lunch this sunday , I can ask him to see if he can make an exception and sell direct to you

Quote Originally Posted by chefcomesback View Post
    James,
    You can buy wagyu from victor churchill or vic's premium meats. They sell David Blackmore , which is purebred and little pricey ($$$$ )
    I have my meat vendor coming in for lunch this sunday , I can ask him to see if he can make an exception and sell direct to you
    thanks!
    I know VC, but it is kinda far away. sigh. VIC's factory is closer, but their Sat. offering is usually pretty average quality. Last sat. the wagyu i bought was just costco quality. Not much marble. (pretty cheap, $60/kg)

I am paying lot less than that for the one in picture

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    In Sydney, Victor Churchill in Woolhara is a sure fire bet, I've bought great Wagyu for their wholesale arm in the past. You will find it reassuringly expensive though.

If you go there, make sure you pick up some of their smallgoods, the merguez sausage is banging.
    +1 and the Wagyu Bresaola
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Although all of the meat at my restaurant is prime, the wagyu ribeye is the most heavily marbled. Here's a cross section shot of a rib loin.... It's pretty good.[IMG][/IMG]
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

Nice...

nice piece !

i have a soft spot for simenthal taste, but wagyu is a sure bet!

i have to try kobe beef.

Chef, out of curiosity, how much do you guys charge for the wagyu? While working at a high end japanese "chain" restaurant, we used to buy in wagyu at $5-6/oz. and sell at $30-35/oz and people gladly payed it. Is this normal or do you think its the name over the door that sold it?

BEAUTIFUL beef in this thread, can't stop salivating!