Quantcast
Wagyu Beef - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wagyu Beef

We sell a 8 oz ribeye for 56, 16 ounce for 76, and 30 oz tomahawk bone in ribeye for 89 that is for two people to split.
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

Nice looking beef there sir.

I don't know if anyone is interested but I got wagyu from heritage foods a few months back that was pretty often. I cant say how it compared to any other, as that was my first time eating it, but it was some of the best meat I have ever had.

Link here

i may be a minority on this, but i prefer a lower grade, at least for ribeye as wagyu is so fatty that it feels like youre swallowing butter, cant get over the texture.

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    i may be a minority on this, but i prefer a lower grade, at least for ribeye as wagyu is so fatty that it feels like youre swallowing butter, cant get over the texture.
    I agree with you on ribeye , altough it was not a lower grade product I have used Pasture Fed Cape Beef from Tasmania about 2,5 years and it was just "perfect" for my liking .
    Unless it was brought to room temperature prior cooking and rested throughly I feel the texture of the wagyu beef not right for rare in ribeye's either

I would not recommend a rare ribeye in any case. At least med rare or MR+ is how I would like it. At rare the fat is too solid and it is like eating butter with a steak this heavily marbled.
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

if food gave me boner this would be it!

With the help of chefcomesback (thanks again for introducing, chef ), I got this beautiful piece of MBS7+ striploin.
    Cooked with Korean BBQ style, and paired with a great bottle of wine, family and friends thoroughly enjoyed it!

*drool

Looks great pkjames!

Quote Originally Posted by pkjames View Post
    With the help of chefcomesback (thanks again for introducing, chef ), I got this beautiful piece of MBS7+ striploin.
    Cooked with Korean BBQ style, and paired with a great bottle of wine, family and friends thoroughly enjoyed it!

I am happy it worked out for you , if you ever come to the Valley please let me know , I got this stuff on my menu