• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Hattori FH 160mm Boning knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chefdog

Reaction score
Like the title days, I'm looking for a Hattori FH boning knife with the linen micarta handle. Needs to be well taken care of, with no major changes to the geometry. Typical sharpening/usage scratches expected, but I'm happy to pay a little more for one in great shape. I'm thinking somewhere in the +\- $165 range depending on condition.
Please let me know if you have one that your willing to part with. Thanks.

I'll post this to give you a bump. I own the Hattori FH-5 and have been surprised how much I like it, and how sharp it got after I put it to the stones. I have a Takeda and Konosuke HD, which are ridiculously sharp; the single-bevel Hattori, while not quite at that level, can be brought surprisingly close (and holds its edge extraordinarily well too). I don't do any boning with it, but rather use is as an all-purpose knife since 160mm is my favorite length for that. I have come to love the Hattori's balance, grip and (compared to the Takeda or Konosuke) heft . . . I rely on it for stronger jobs like, say, cutting the ends of off corn cobs, but really some days I use it for everything because it is so versatile.

Obviously I won't be selling you mine. :) but I highly recommend it. Of course, I wonder why you wouldn't just buy it new since it is still available over at JCK, and it's only $65 more than your target price. At least then you'd be able to sharpen it to your liking. In any case, good luck.

One last shot at this before i order a new one.

Latest posts

Back