Quantcast
Folder July <<WIP>> - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Folder July <<WIP>>

Made some progress today on the blades. Ground in the swedge on them all and have about half of them rough ground. B4 the grinder and myself overheated. Called it a day on them and will try and get a early start tomorrow. There calling for a temp of 95 tomorrow. Im feeling these back to back 100+ temps. Really taking the pep out of my progress this week. I must be getting old!

Stay tuned for more progress photos.

Any PRE ORDERS. Please email me your final handle material requests.

Blessings
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Sorry about the delay in photos and info on this.

OK, so I screwed up and these will be delayed again.

I made a rookie mistake and drilled the lock side of the liners wrong on all of them! Dang It!

So. I have had to reorder Titanium and will have to re start on the liners as soon as it gets here next week. So, the July delivery dates will now be delayed.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. feel free to message me if you have any questions . OR call me if ya want to laugh at my stupid mistake!

Blessings
    Randy.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

OK, I got the NEW titanium and will be rapidly reworking the liners. Looks like folder July is gona turn into Folder August!

I just wanted to update you guys on the status and let ya know I am working on the folders (again) and if all goes well Ill have some update pictures and progress to report this week!

Blessings
    Randy

Availible Knives

I am working on these again and making some great progress. This was a first time using titanium liners for me. and I had some trouble taping the treads on these. Actually the folders have been fighting me at every turn, But I have finally started winning the fight this week! Im getting ready to start fitting blades and bolsters . and picking out scales and then ill do all the filework and well. I am hopeful that these wont take me much longer.

Thanks to all the guys that pre ordered and ar patiently waiting. It wont be much longer now!

I should have some update photos to share by this time tomorrow!

Blessings.
    Randy

Availible Knives

As promised here are some update photos. This project is behind schedule. and its starting to effect my other orders.

Please bare with me as I work on these and continue to get the promised custom orders out in a timely fashion. And Thanks for your patience.

So first I have a few images o the frames and bolsters As well a photo of the blades. Last few pictures are after rounding the corners on the bolsters and cleaning up the back spacers to flush out with the liners.

Next steps will be selecting handle materials for these. and then rough shaping the scales sets for all 10 knives. The I will filework each knife. So folders can be alot of work. and I expect to tear down these to pieces again and rebuild and tear down etc. Many more time B4 they will be close to completion.

God Bless YA
    Randy

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Folder oprogress mtf 004 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	378.1 KB 
ID:	17870   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Folder oprogress mtf 002 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	350.2 KB 
ID:	17869  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Folder oprogress mtf 003 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	394.5 KB 
ID:	17874   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Folder oprogress mtf 005 (800x533).jpg 
Size:	341.4 KB 
ID:	17871  

Name:	Folder oprogress mtf 011 (800x533).jpg 
Size:	387.1 KB 
ID:	17872   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Folder oprogress mtf 014 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	359.0 KB 
ID:	17873  

Availible Knives

I see the light at the end of the tunnel Randy!

Ok Randy, the drool is starting...
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away you silly man or I shall taunt you a second time!

Really looking forward to the finished product.

Im finally able to start to really feel how these knives are going to feel and look. Its a exciting part of the process when taking a design from pencil draft to completion. There is always a point in the build where ya go YEA.. This will be what I hoped and thought it would be when I sat down a drew the design!

Thanks for the comments and you patience to both folder buyers and my other clients who are patiently waiting on there orders!

More update photos ASAP. Getting ready to start file working the liners and back spacers on these!

God Bless YA
    Randy

Availible Knives

Ok here are some update photos. Fileworked the liners and back spacers this week. YES this week was a full 4 days of fileworking!!

I did 10 different patterns. only 2 are similar to each other yet still different. Heading back out to get back to work on these.

Im almost ready to be ready to do another assembly and choose and apply handle materials to each knife. Then I will tear them all back apart for etch and finishing. then final assembly of each with blade and lock up tuning etc.LOLOL

I took on a big project expecting the best and its taking me more time then I expected! Yet I know the outcome will be worth the efforts. so I move forward happily!

Just wanted to share a few photos.

Thanks and God Bless
    Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MTF  progress! 001 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	377.9 KB 
ID:	18048   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MTF  progress! 008 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	378.3 KB 
ID:	18047  

Name:	MTF  progress! 004 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	356.2 KB 
ID:	18046  

Availible Knives