J-knives in Berlin/Germany

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitonboy

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a place in Berlin or Germany that deals with japanese kitchen knives above Shuns or if there are higher end knifemakers who have a brick and mortar store? I am going there to visit a friend who is a great cook, but I don't necessarily want to get him started down the trail we are all on unless he has a place where he can see and buy these things and then have them properly sharpened if he doesn't want to learn how. The only German maker I know of at this level it Tillman, but I don't think he sells in shops?

Or you can drive 5-6 hrs in a car and visit me :D

haha hope it is not when i am on vacation. :D
If its not then, there is direct cheap fly from berlin to very near me airport about 30min
Then i can pick you guys up :)

haha hope it is not when i am on vacation. :D
If its not then, there is direct cheap fly from berlin to very near me airport about 30min
Then i can pick you guys up :)

Very wiley there Maxim....engineering a captive audience for yourself!

before i say what i have to say, let me say :D that i have never bought from maxim, nor am i in any form related to him... but i guess it would be worth the trip. whatever you can find in berlin, knives will be more impressive at maxim's than anywhere in berlin! don't get me wrong, the city is very cool, but knife-wise, you will be better off at maxim's!

I wish it was only a 5-6 hour drive to visit Maxim place from me. I would love to check JNS out in person. Also I think if your friend gets into high end knives he's gonna want to do his own sharpening.

Thanks Guys !
Bit funny story first ever Stone and Japanese knife that i bought was actually from Fine-tools in Berlin :D

Not a friend of fine tools but that's a personal thing, I am sure his products are great. Just asked whether they could send 2 drill bits for less than thirtysometing $$ and didn't like how it went from there... That said, I bought a - now long sold - santoku from Holzapfel and thought the guys had a small slection but were straight foward and behind what they do. Not sure it's worth a trip, but if you happen to be there, it dosn't hurt popping in.

Stefan

Back