Crazy Cocobolo

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream Burls

Reaction score
I just got my hands on this piece of Cocobolo and had to share.

You know the feeling you get when you've been waiting for months for a custom to come and then it finally arrives, you open the package with mounting expectations, you see your new beauty and it exceeds your expectations. Well, us wood buyers get the same kind of thrill in finding an unusual and beautiful piece. This piece did it for me. I'd like to know if you agree. It measure 24"x8"x1.4" As soon as I can cut and photograph it will be in my store. I'm going to regret cutting this baby up.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I love cocobolo; that's beautiful.

Cocobolo is my all time favorite rosewood. and this one looks awesome! Congrats my brother in burl!

How soon before we'll see in the store? Gorgeous .

Thanks for all the positive responses. I'll be cutting this beauty up (sigh) next Wednesday then I'll need to clean them up a bit so I guess in the store the week after. You guys can wait two weeks, right?

Well, today is Wednesday and as anticipated, I did cut that slab up into 22 bite size pieces. They still need to be sanded and finished before I get them on line, but that should happen some time next week. I'll let you know. Hey, this is as close as I've ever gotten to a WIP.

image.jpg

I'll be working on these (sanding and finishing) on Sunday and Monday. Hope to have them in the store Tuesday afternoon (that would make a great song title) or Wednesday morning. I'll do a follow up post when they go in.

Finished sanding and cleaning with Mineral Spirits today. I"ll finish them off tomorrow and post some pictures. Should be in the store on Tuesday. Sanding really brought out the purple tint in the grain. I hope my pictures do them justice. I also have 8 new pieces of Ironwood that will be going in too.

Here are the pictures I promised. They're still drying from the finish I gave them. I think the pictures speak for themselves. With any luck they'll be in the store tomorrow afternoon. The last row in the first picture are blanks of Desert Ironwood that will also go in tomorrow or Wednesday.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back