Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ming Tsai's new knife

He is laughing all the way to the bank. If I had attained the status of celebrity chef, I would endorse anything and everything for the right $$$. Just say'n.

I'm going to drill some 2 inch holes in my shig's and see if that helps.
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

Simply Ming Bling Bling

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Quote Originally Posted by hypnos View Post
    He is laughing all the way to the bank. If I had attained the status of celebrity chef, I would endorse anything and everything for the right $$$. Just say'n.
    Yep. All these folks have to do is chitcan their integrity.

Still as silly as this knife probably is, could one even theoretically make a hollowed out gyuto that would be acceptable to use? Obviously, it would be tricky to get the geometry and structural stability working but is there some scientific reason why this kind of knife *must* be horrid?

Just curious - it's the ex teacher in me I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by gic View Post
    Still as silly as this knife probably is, could one even theoretically make a hollowed out gyuto that would be acceptable to use? Obviously, it would be tricky to get the geometry and structural stability working but is there some scientific reason why this kind of knife *must* be horrid?

No, it would be a total PITA to clean for starters. Just like that daft "yanagi" with holes drilled in it that's in the worst knife ever thread, or that ridiculous "Rhino Chop"

How can you lose 2 knives only 10.00 + 7.95 shipping.It looks to be a hollow ground edge on cheap stainless that will dull fast, but no worry shrimp curry cus you also get the EDGE OF GLORY sharpener freeee!

Quote Originally Posted by Timthebeaver View Post
    No, it would be a total PITA to clean for starters. Just like that daft "yanagi" with holes drilled in it that's in the worst knife ever thread, or that ridiculous "Rhino Chop"
    Dude. What's so hard about cleaning it? Throw it in the dishwasher! DONE!

Quote Originally Posted by gic View Post

They already make one, good luck using a pinch grip...

Poor Ming has just joined the ranks of **Gasp** Robert Irvine, whom also endorsed the edge of glory and some other ****** knife that came with it. Money talks I suppose. Gonna poke a little fun, but we might see a custom re-handled Aero knife on that site to not be named with an extra $90 on the price tag ;x
    Don't touch my d!ck. Dont touch my knife. ~ Anthony Bourdain ~