Ming Tsai's new knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckTheButcher

Reaction score
Have you seen Ming's new knife. This is going in my collection for sure. [video=youtube;dkp7NzFy8EQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkp7NzFy8EQ[/video]

Food doesn't stick at all. I'm gonna throw away my Burke's and Rader's. Don't know why I was wasting my money.

wow did you see how hard he was holding that ny strip? Why Ming, Why???? Resist the dark side.

I thought that he only used ceramic knives???

I love how they purposely try to make the regular chef knife appear to cut like crap.

I guess someone will have to show Ming that any knife can make slices thin enough to read a newspaper. So misleading...

I guess someone will have to show Ming that any knife can make slices thin enough to read a newspaper. So misleading...

Haha and the grape slice on the newspaper is definitely not the one he was shown cutting.

Somebody shoot me in the ******* face if I ever pull this ****.

Meanwhile, I'ma call Chef Tony... I'll be right back.

Hahaha, oh no, this YT clip is missing 36 seconds of awesome footage! See it on the Aeroknife website!

Ming slices a pineapple in half and is going to cut the price to $10, and sticks the knife on board. He's even going to throw in a Edge of Glory!! Priceless:thumbsup:

Reminds me of this one...even chops a piece of wood with it.

[video=youtube;abLB7aTmnE4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abLB7aTmnE4[/video]

was it me or when ming was going for chopping wood, he was not using the edge.

The poor guy is trying to make money with cheese knife.

That's kind of sad, I always respected Ming and thought he was a good guy. Does he need money that badly?

Stefan

He is a decent chef. That's the scariest part. He was hacking the wood with the back of the knife and did you see how he cut the potatoe. Just mushing it straight down. It's really sad. People buy this crap.

"Slices an onion so fast you don't have time to cry!!"

He is laughing all the way to the bank. If I had attained the status of celebrity chef, I would endorse anything and everything for the right $$$. Just say'n.

I'm going to drill some 2 inch holes in my shig's and see if that helps.

He is laughing all the way to the bank. If I had attained the status of celebrity chef, I would endorse anything and everything for the right $$$. Just say'n.

Yep. All these folks have to do is chitcan their integrity.

Still as silly as this knife probably is, could one even theoretically make a hollowed out gyuto that would be acceptable to use? Obviously, it would be tricky to get the geometry and structural stability working but is there some scientific reason why this kind of knife *must* be horrid?

Just curious - it's the ex teacher in me I guess....

Still as silly as this knife probably is, could one even theoretically make a hollowed out gyuto that would be acceptable to use? Obviously, it would be tricky to get the geometry and structural stability working but is there some scientific reason why this kind of knife *must* be horrid?

No, it would be a total PITA to clean for starters. Just like that daft "yanagi" with holes drilled in it that's in the worst knife ever thread, or that ridiculous "Rhino Chop"

How can you lose 2 knives only 10.00 + 7.95 shipping.It looks to be a hollow ground edge on cheap stainless that will dull fast, but no worry shrimp curry cus you also get the EDGE OF GLORY sharpener freeee!:bliss:

No, it would be a total PITA to clean for starters. Just like that daft "yanagi" with holes drilled in it that's in the worst knife ever thread, or that ridiculous "Rhino Chop"

Dude. What's so hard about cleaning it? Throw it in the dishwasher! DONE! :knife:

They already make one, good luck using a pinch grip...
hhmk.jpg

Poor Ming has just joined the ranks of **Gasp** Robert Irvine, whom also endorsed the edge of glory and some other ****** knife that came with it. Money talks I suppose. Gonna poke a little fun, but we might see a custom re-handled Aero knife on that site to not be named with an extra $90 on the price tag ;x

Back