Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kramer Article

great article...

These articles are why bob makes the dough. If any of the knifemakers here got an CI article, they couldnt handle the amount of business.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by rockbox View Post
    These articles are why bob makes the dough. If any of the knifemakers here got an CI article, they couldnt handle the amount of business.
    True... also, I've noticed that the Kramer articles in particular always sound the same. It's as if all journalists wanting to write an article about a knife maker start with the exact same formula = set context of forge in a city, talk briefly about how epic knives are, give prices, talk about layered steel, talk about 1 out of 1XX bladesmiths in country and follow up with another account of ABS test... etc.

I'm with Mateo, if you have read one mass media profile of Kramer you have read them all. Always making a big deal about his ABS mastersmith rating which has nothing to do with food prep blades. I was impressed when Murray Carter passed the test with one of his own kitchen knives though. That was probably a first for the ABS.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle Soup View Post
    I'm with Mateo, if you have read one mass media profile of Kramer you have read them all. Always making a big deal about his ABS mastersmith rating which has nothing to do with food prep blades. I was impressed when Murray Carter passed the test with one of his own kitchen knives though. That was probably a first for the ABS.
    Lets not down play it. Getting ABS certified isn't easy. If it were, every knife maker would do it. Its not the most relevant test, but you have to have skills to pass it. How do you know Carter did it with a kitchen knife? Most of the knifemakers make a specific knife for the test, just like them make specific knives for the kitchen. Bob is a great knife maker and a nice guy and I wish I would have bought one of his knives 5 years ago like Adam did. I'm also glad and honored that we two ABS guys that do kitchen knives on our board.

BTW, at least no one with a Kramer has complained that their handles fall off. LOL
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

I like the article, and Im happy for Bob that he is doing well.
    We should all be happy for focus on kitchen knives, cause the more are interested the better knives is produced!

I love Bob Kramer for the marketing he is doing for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by oivind_dahle View Post
    I like the article, and Im happy for Bob that he is doing well.
    We should all be happy for focus on kitchen knives, cause the more are interested the better knives is produced!

I love Bob Kramer for the marketing he is doing for all of us.
    Yes, Kramer has raised profiles for kitchen knives and created a market for higher end knives. I also think he pushed a bar a level higher in making performance knives. Marketing is one thing, but 52100 is a great steel that will outperform most steels if heat treated properly.

For that, I tip my hat to Mr. Kramer and say Thank You and I am happy for Your success, as the benefits will trickle down to others who are in or want to get into the market (yours truly included) and who share the philosophy that to succeed, you don't stop at any level, have to always try to improve your work, no matter how good it is.

M

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

"How do you know Carter did it with a kitchen knife?"

Murray told me he did. As for the handles coming off, I'm not sure Kramer has ever tried a Wa handle. I would be surprised if any high end maker's western style slab handles ever came off.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle Soup View Post
    "How do you know Carter did it with a kitchen knife?"

Murray told me he did. As for the handles coming off, I'm not sure Kramer has ever tried a Wa handle. I would be surprised if any high end maker's western style slab handles ever came off.
    Oh, they have....even one's from Murray Carter....he told me so himself.