Wallets?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle

Reaction score
Has anyone found the perfect wallet? I'm not sure such a thing exists. I'm still on the hunt for mine, so I'm wondering what you guys carry. I rarely, if ever, carry cash, and when I do I can just keep it loose in my pocket. I really just need a wallet to hold 6 cards- drivers license, debit card, credit card, business credit card, Costco membership, and insurance card. If it had 8 slots that'd be nice for flexibility, but not needed. I want it thin and I hate money clips; I've found so many credit card holders that would have been perfect except they featured non-removable money clips!

Any suggestions?

I bought one in montreal a year or so ago, store is m0851, or check out bellroy

Saddleback leather

They are think and extremely durable, my friend has one that is a couple of years old that looks just like the day he got it. I plan on grabbing one shortly just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I bought a Hugo Boss knockoff in China. It isn't overly loaded but not minimalist. 6-7 cards, license, a few bills and the inevitable receipts. I was expecting it to fall apart in a few months but I have been carrying it since...1998!!! The moral? Forget brand names and keep your money in your wallet.

My brother lives in Denmark and carries a little metal sleeve with rubber on the inside, his carries 5 cards, but he says some carry more and have auto features. I think it was called a Slim King, I looked for them when I was in europe and decided I would probably have better luck just looking online when I got home. Totally forgot until now.

Sorry, it was the ThinKing. They have them all over, sorta pricey and they only carry 1-4 cards. Sounds good to keep one on you, and maybe the cards you can afford to lose in another in your car. Would atleast save you from carrying a wallet.

stewart/stand I have this one and like it a lot. They also make them in all Stainless fabric-

displayimage.php

first. i would never buy a knockoff. i dont think counterfeiting is a victimless crime. JMO.

second..i have had three wallets my adult life. all of them from Coach. they are made of a super soft leather, and bombproof. the one in my pocket now is only about 2 years old. i flat out abused that last one. including, two unplanned visits to the inside of my washing machine. one 400 mile roadtrip for the wallet while riding the the back of an open pickup truck..in winter rain.

i expect them to last a long time, so i dont mind spending a tad more. bi-folds only. small, light. always black.

I have carried one of these for about ten years and I expect another ten. I haven't gone easy on mine, but it has held up really well, is quite slim but can carry more when you need it to and the money clip can be removed.
http://www.tumi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11632641&prodFindSrc=paramNav&MobileOptOut=1

gah..i dont know what i was thinking. my wallets are Tumi..not Coach. my bathroom supply kit is coach. duh.

TUMI! glass, that one you showed was similar to my last one..mine now is the same, just textured leather.

I have carried one of these for about ten years and I expect another ten. I haven't gone easy on mine, but it has held up really well, is quite slim but can carry more when you need it to and the money clip can be removed.
http://www.tumi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11632641&prodFindSrc=paramNav&MobileOptOut=1

I carried this exact wallet for about 5 years, but it ended up breaking on the clip. My wife got me a beautiful, thin Danier one, much like it, and before I had a chance to use it, I got my department issued one with my badge. I'm sometimes tempted to go to the Danier wallet, but for now I'll stick with the card and badge holder.

I saw a Groupon deal on Big Skinny wallet a month or two ago, the reviews for it is decent. They advertise "ultra-thin nylon microfiber material 10 times thinner & lighter than leather". I was gonna get one, but the Groupon expired, and I didn't want it anymore, haha.

http://www.bigskinny.net/

I use a Billy Kirk wallet (picture below). It is a bi-fold that only holds cards, and I have stopped carrying cash completely. Once you stop carrying cash, the wallet options are even more, and you will love the light weight minimalist wallet approach. I haven't carried cash on me for three now and it has only made things difficult less than five times during that time. I carry five cards: a visa, an amex, my driver license, a health insurance card and ATM card for special occasions when I need cash.

I also gave up wearing a watch at the same time. Free yourself.

k.

Screen Shot 2013-07-12 at 1.08.42 AM.png

My wife bought me a Coach wallet; bifold with ID flap. I was reluctant at first, but must say, the buffalo hide leather has held up exceptionally well.

Set.jpg

You can see my wallet here, it was hand made for me by a maker is South Africa. The outside is Elephant and the inside is purple Kangaroo hide. It has six slots (Three on each side of the fold) for cards and a large slot in the back for bills.

I've had the same Ghurka 101 for years. in another 10 or 15 years, when it's worn out, I'll buy another Ghurka 101. I've had this wallet for 6 years or so, and the dye hasn't even thinned on the corners. My dad swore by his Ghurka 101, which he used since they came out originally, until he died in 2006 (it's around here, somewhere, but it's truly worn out, after two decades). I wish my (Italian) Vasques and my Rolex were as hard-wearing.

Nothing fancy, but I carry this. I HATE having a wallet, but always have my phone, so this makes sense. The "plastic" is fine to text and browse through, but I do have to take it out to talk on, sometimes it sticks and presses the screen ending the call or turning on speakerphone. It has enough slots for stuff like ID, insurance cards and a couple credit cards. I normally just crumple up my cash in my pocket (yeah I'm one of those guys, lol) so no need for a bill pocket.

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/mission-cycling-wallet

Latest posts

Back