Quantcast
What was your last concert? - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your last concert?

Saw Tift Merritt at the Birchmere in Alexandria, VA a few months ago. Great show. Her live album Home is Loud is great.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Radiohead about 5 years ago. I've only seen one show since we've had kids......
    .....I used to be cool before kids.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    .....I used to be cool before kids.
    ...happens to everyone. If we had only known!

The local townships here have some great outdoor neighborhood concerts for $10. Bring a picnic, wine, some lawn chairs, a blanket. This summer: Dar Williams, Jim Boggia, Avett Bros. at one of the bigger venues two years ago. Richie Havens two summers ago. Livingston Taylor, Tom Chapin. We also have the Philly Orchestra at the Mann Center (outdoor) - saw Lang and Herbie Hancock with the orchestra. I am really fortunate to have this stuff so close by and cheap.
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

Sadly -- very, very sadly -- REO Speedwagon and Pat Benetar. A friend got tickets through work and his wife really wanted to go. He wanted me to suffer through it with him, and my wife was game. There were lots of beers before and during the show but that did little to dull the pain. I'll have to admit Pat Benetar was more entertaining then I expected, but REO was 100xs worse. The lead singer has some serious unresolved personal issues. At least 1/4 of the audience left while they were on stage. May have even been more, but we were one of the groups that left early so I cannot be sure.

It was a far cry from concerts of my younger days, such as REM, Kinks, AC/DC, Van Hagar, ZZ Top, George Thurogood, Page/ Plant, Soundgarden, Metallica, G'n'R. Sux getting old and domesticated

Springsteen probably ten years ago.

Ah, the concerts of our youth! AC/DC the Back in Black tour, ZZ Top (can't remember the tour) Thurogood in a small bar in Oxford, MS when he was opening for the Stones in 81, too many Dead concerts to remember, The Who in 82, Frank Zappa (underrated wicked guitar player), Phish in a small bar in DC twice!. Seems like every month there was a good concert to attend for 20-30 bucks. Now that won't cover my beer consumption!

Joe Bonamassa just recently. He does a very good show. Amazing guitar player, and the backing guys are really good as well.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Tupac, early nineties. Two songs into set he started throwing up gang signs; apparently the wrong ones as several shots rang out. The crowd fled, as he stood his ground telling us all F U....I still want my forty bucks back.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Last weekend,High Sierra music festival,(Robert Plant, et all) tonight, Todd Rundgren @ the Fillmore sf

The Firm. Anyone remember them?