Quantcast
What was your last concert? - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: What was your last concert?

Pharmakon @ Beacon Sound, Portland, OR, June 22, 2013 -- but she is relatively unknown.
    Swans @ Hawthorne Theater, Portland, OR September 8th, 2012
    Vestigia nulla retrorsum.

Just got home from Rod Stewart, nice floor seats at the Pru center in Newark. Was a great time and good concert

A while ago I heard an old American songbook classic (How long has this been going on? Or something like that) on the car radio, thinking 'Who is this horrible old woman singing this? - It was Rod Steward....

Typing this while waiting for War to come on stage in a few minutes.

Stefan

War- What is it good for? Sounds like a great time!!

Bob Milne, in the sprawling metropolis of Enumclaw, WA, a couple years ago. Gotta get out more.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Heard a gospel bluegrass band in SF last night called Fret Not. Good musicians and it was a benefit for Mission High School. Fun and seldom heard Christmas music.

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Grateful Dead @ The Gorge Amphitheater 2008 or 2009 who knows. It was one hell of a show. Was super surprised to find so many of my long lost friends there. Man I miss those days sometimes...
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

Soulfly at some podunk bar in Shakopee this February 2014 (I think, it was winter but thats 8 months of the year). I've never seen so many fights break out at a show with only 150 people in the bar.

Stone Sour and Papa Roach in april 2013 at the Myth (say what you want about P.Roach's music, I agree a lot of it is aimed at highschool girls, their live show is insane)

Avenged Sevenfold at Amsoil Arena in duluth December 2012 - that was a fun walk back to the car. parked outside a bar and took the skywalk down to Amsoil in my Pit clothes (old shorts T-shirt and old shoes tied tight as hell). It doesnt connect completely to amsoil arena yet so I had to walk outside and wait outside for a bit. The worst was the walk back to my car - the skywalk closed had about a mile walk in shorts in December in Duluth soaked head to tail in sweat

I missed out on seeing After the Burial this spring, got off work too late they had already finished their set

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Damn, I need to get out more. Mine was BB King last hear. One of the worst concerts I have ever been to by objective standards. But I have seen the old man half a dozen times in better days and was more there to pay my respect. Still, he should think about retiring soon...

Stefan
    I've seen him twice. First time was back in the late 80's and he was f*#k'n great. Second time was in 1999 and he was good but obviously slowing down. Sat on a stool for most of the concert and did a much shorter set. He'll always be one of the greats, but he just ain't as young as The Rolling Stones you know

Be well,
    Mikey
    Available handles- http://s64.photobucket.com/user/mkri...able%20handles

Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

LOL, didn't notice to OP date, guess I jumped in the conversation a little late.
    Available handles- http://s64.photobucket.com/user/mkri...able%20handles

Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

+ Reply to Thread