Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IOS V Android

New York, NY

IOS V Android

Ok Everyone,
    You should know me by now. I'm the guy who cooked for like, a little while professionally and occasionally chimes in with useless advice but mostly derails thread with my ADD and starts new ones that die within 2 pages.
    So, why not start a flame war, completely and wholly unrelated to the world of quality kitchen cutlery.
    IOS v Android, Apple vs All the other dudes....
    No seriously, I've been all Apple all the time for like, I don't know, at least a decade but as my beloved iPhone 4S gets almost geriatric I find I'm just not thrilled with what their churning out these days, and tempted to jump ship.
    I also like run on sentences.
    So just curious, who prefers what here? The internet and the world at large has suggested these three things basically.
    Apple has better build quality
    Android offers greater customization
    Apple has a smoother overall user experience (kinda vague there i guess...)
    Ok people, get nasty!

Knificus Maximus
    CLT, NC -Bankertown
    Android is pretty freaking sweet. Been on it for a while now. I will never buy anything Apple ever again.
    To each his own though, some people are just Apple people. I don't hold it against them, but it does suck if I try to share a piece of with them. Apple HATES anything that isn't from iTunes.......
    Apple sucks.
    "With great knives comes great responsibility."

Portland, Maine
    I prefer the look and feel of IOS. It feels smoother and less gimmicky than androids stuff. Apple makes phones for adults. And Chris just has terrible taste in everything but knives and hip-hop, so don't listen to anything he says😘
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Little Rock, AR
    Never been a fan of Apple software, but always loved their hardware...with the exception of the their mobile devices, which I love whole-heartedly. A great deal more reliable than the Android devices....according to surveys of Android users
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Upstate NY
    +1 Android. I changed the battery on my Samsung Galaxy this morning in 20 seconds, with a $15 OEM battery. It was no more difficult than changing the batteries in a tv remote.

With an iPhone that cost $100 and you have to drive to an Apple store and wait for an hour or more for a Genius Bar employee to do it. That's reason enough for me to stick to android.

New York
    I loved the android I had years ago but switched to apple because at the time they were killing it. Now I'm not so enthused with my apple products specifically my iPhone 5s but everyone around who has switched complains just as much. Maybe we are all spoiled

Just outside Tampa
    The Droid here. Chris has this one but his music taste is for chit.
    Older and wider.

In the Village.
    I like android. Still working ok on my 5 year old Galaxy S.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. - Lawrence

Droid...more options...and more buttons.
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Memory card slot and interchangeable battery alone will always trump IOS.
    My wife is all apple. Why? Because it's easy. And trendy. I prefer the more customizable options the android offers. I like being able to fully tailor this piece of equipment that is for the most part on my person every minute of the day (save for sleep time).
    Fun fact: the Samsung Uproar came out in 2000. It was billed as the first phone with built in mp3 player. It bombed because the market had no interest in it. I loved that little Zoolander-ish tiny phone.