Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canít smell or taste

Canít smell or taste

Going on about 3 weeks now. Very little sense of smell or taste. My sinusitis has gotten to the point where I need to get roto rootered. Had the procedure about 20 years ago and itís so not pleasant. This time I need my deviated septum on both sides corrected along with sucking out all the nasty stuff and polyps. Iíve been having the polyps injected every few months which temporarily shrunk them and brought back my senses, but it ainít working anymore. Back on steroids and antibiotics. Iíll have packing shoved up my schnozolla with breathing tubes for a day after surgery. Not looking forward to this.

Iíve mostly been eating for texture, spicyness. Itís getting old. Itís taken a lot of the joy out of cooking.

Sucks. On the plus side, itís not so bad changing the 3 year oldís diaper when he drops a bomb. Canít smell a thing. Good thing, too, cuz he eats like a truck driver.

Sorry to hear. Hopefully going through a week of worse discomfort will be worth it when you emerge on the other side. Sinus issues are something I've always had, but no where near the level of your problems. Good luck with the surgery, and I hope the recovery is an easy one.

In the interim, please feel free to Fed-Ex the BBQ down here to Virginia, and I will be happy to taste for you. Anything to help a fellow forum member out!

Sorry to hear you have this nasty troubles. I hope the procedure will give you full and permanent recovery. I wish you good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    Sorry to hear. Hopefully going through a week of worse discomfort will be worth it when you emerge on the other side. Sinus issues are something I've always had, but no where near the level of your problems. Good luck with the surgery, and I hope the recovery is an easy one.

In the interim, please feel free to Fed-Ex the BBQ down here to Virginia, and I will be happy to taste for you. Anything to help a fellow forum member out!
    Haha! Very selfless of you! Thanks

Thanks, Matus! Canít believe Grant Achatz was still designing menus when he couldnít taste during his cancer treatment.

Administrator
    Wish you the best in recovery, hate to see a BGE not thoroughly enjoyed.
    Older and wider..

Sorry to hear, best of luck. Makes the rest of us more aware of the things we take for granted every day.

That was my hope in posting this... donít take things for granted. My senses should come back and Iíll have a renewed appreciation. A while back I couldnít taste for a while, but when I could, a bag of Doritos was amazing.

make soups!!

You'll probably outclass every other cook in texture and presentation skills after that ordeal.

"All right. So whatdya do with it?" - "Whatdya mean 'Whatdya do with it?" - "Self defense? Mayhem? Shish kebab?"