Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your last concert?

What was your last concert?

As a follow on to the obscure music thread, I was wondering what everyone's last concert was. It's one thing to listen to music and buy it online (or in vinyl), and it is another thing altogether to go to a show.

Tonight I drove to Fargo, ND and went to an Avett Brothers concert. This is the 4th time I have seen them. I sipped vodka straight and listened to fine tunes.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

The Los Angeles Philharmonic a while ago.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

the postal service, last month

Damn, I need to get out more. Mine was BB King last hear. One of the worst concerts I have ever been to by objective standards. But I have seen the old man half a dozen times in better days and was more there to pay my respect. Still, he should think about retiring soon...

Stefan

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    3 maybe 4 years ago, Tool. Talk about needing to get out more. Not bad concert, wish I still dropped, would have been better. But still a good concert.
    Chewie's the man.

Dispatch at the UIC pavilion at the beginning of June, this year.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Sade, in Cologne 2011. Still a goddess.

Only twice in my lifetime,,,, our local Symphony Orchestra.. that was about 20 years ago!

IF you consider shows...
    Mid 90s..
    a)Tom Jones in Las Vegas when I was there for Comdex ( computer and IT) trade show. Surprisingly, I still remember that the old grannies went wild when he gyrated his hips! b) Buddy Guy when he was visiting Singapore and did a one night performance at Hard Rock cafe c) other than that.. either a Jazz or Blues club. Been out of the circuit since year 2000.

d

One Republic a couple of weeks ago. Kinda sucked...but it was free.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

March this year if Lewis Black counts. Music wise was 2 years ago for the Black Keys. I hear peeps complain that they're too popular now, get over played on the radio and therefore suck now. First of all, who the heck listens to the radio anymore?? Second, they were just as good playing in a large outdoor venue as they were in the small indoor ones I used to see them in.

But I'm seriously stoked to hear Pearl Jam announced a tour and is playing in Baltimore! It's been 10 years since I've been to a show!