What was your last concert?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As a follow on to the obscure music thread, I was wondering what everyone's last concert was. It's one thing to listen to music and buy it online (or in vinyl), and it is another thing altogether to go to a show.

Tonight I drove to Fargo, ND and went to an Avett Brothers concert. This is the 4th time I have seen them. I sipped vodka straight and listened to fine tunes.

k.

The Los Angeles Philharmonic a while ago.

Damn, I need to get out more. Mine was BB King last hear. One of the worst concerts I have ever been to by objective standards. But I have seen the old man half a dozen times in better days and was more there to pay my respect. Still, he should think about retiring soon...

Stefan

3 maybe 4 years ago, Tool. Talk about needing to get out more. Not bad concert, wish I still dropped, would have been better. But still a good concert.

Dispatch at the UIC pavilion at the beginning of June, this year.

Sade, in Cologne 2011. Still a goddess.

Only twice in my lifetime,,,, our local Symphony Orchestra.. that was about 20 years ago!

IF you consider shows...
Mid 90s..
a)Tom Jones in Las Vegas when I was there for Comdex ( computer and IT) trade show. Surprisingly, I still remember that the old grannies went wild when he gyrated his hips! b) Buddy Guy when he was visiting Singapore and did a one night performance at Hard Rock cafe c) other than that.. either a Jazz or Blues club. Been out of the circuit since year 2000.

d

March this year if Lewis Black counts. Music wise was 2 years ago for the Black Keys. I hear peeps complain that they're too popular now, get over played on the radio and therefore suck now. First of all, who the heck listens to the radio anymore?? Second, they were just as good playing in a large outdoor venue as they were in the small indoor ones I used to see them in.

But I'm seriously stoked to hear Pearl Jam announced a tour and is playing in Baltimore! It's been 10 years since I've been to a show!

Last fall - the Victor Wooten band and Jimmy Herring's band. Herring is amazing.

Delicate Steve @ The Mercury Lounge,
and before that
Desaparacidos @ Webster Hall,
and before that
DINOSAUR JR @ Terminal 5 (25th anniversary of You're Living All Over Me)

How was desaparecidos? They're touring Australia later this year and I'm tossing up whether or not to go.

My last show was The Cult a few years ago. Don't get out to shows as often as I would like anymore.

Paul Oakenfold last year and Kool Keith the year before. Both awesome.

Radiohead about 5 years ago. I've only seen one show since we've had kids......
.....I used to be cool before kids.

.....I used to be cool before kids.

...happens to everyone. If we had only known!

The local townships here have some great outdoor neighborhood concerts for $10. Bring a picnic, wine, some lawn chairs, a blanket. This summer: Dar Williams, Jim Boggia, Avett Bros. at one of the bigger venues two years ago. Richie Havens two summers ago. Livingston Taylor, Tom Chapin. We also have the Philly Orchestra at the Mann Center (outdoor) - saw Lang and Herbie Hancock with the orchestra. I am really fortunate to have this stuff so close by and cheap.

Sadly -- very, very sadly -- REO Speedwagon and Pat Benetar. A friend got tickets through work and his wife really wanted to go. He wanted me to suffer through it with him, and my wife was game. There were lots of beers before and during the show but that did little to dull the pain. I'll have to admit Pat Benetar was more entertaining then I expected, but REO was 100xs worse. The lead singer has some serious unresolved personal issues. At least 1/4 of the audience left while they were on stage. May have even been more, but we were one of the groups that left early so I cannot be sure.

It was a far cry from concerts of my younger days, such as REM, Kinks, AC/DC, Van Hagar, ZZ Top, George Thurogood, Page/ Plant, Soundgarden, Metallica, G'n'R. Sux getting old and domesticated :sad0:

Ah, the concerts of our youth! AC/DC the Back in Black tour, ZZ Top (can't remember the tour) Thurogood in a small bar in Oxford, MS when he was opening for the Stones in 81, too many Dead concerts to remember:O, The Who in 82, Frank Zappa (underrated wicked guitar player), Phish in a small bar in DC twice!. Seems like every month there was a good concert to attend for 20-30 bucks. Now that won't cover my beer consumption!

Joe Bonamassa just recently. He does a very good show. Amazing guitar player, and the backing guys are really good as well.

Tupac, early nineties. Two songs into set he started throwing up gang signs; apparently the wrong ones as several shots rang out. The crowd fled, as he stood his ground telling us all F U....I still want my forty bucks back.

Last weekend,High Sierra music festival,(Robert Plant, et all) tonight, Todd Rundgren @ the Fillmore sf

Back