Quantcast
Homemade hot sauce!

Thread: Homemade hot sauce!

Homemade hot sauce!

Had a nice batch of peppers turning red in my garden so I decided to make some hot sauce. Hot sauce has been on my mind after I made that spicy Sriracha ketchup last week.

I have both hot Apaches and a milder Pompeii peppers growing in my herb garden. The Apaches are small peppers that are a little hotter than Cayenne (and are from the same family). The Pompeii peppers is a larger sweet pepper, but I have noticed that mine have some mild heat to them when they turn red.

Here are some pictures.

Hot Sauce was pretty hot and tasty, with a Sriracha flavor from the garlic and sugar I added.
    There are more pictures and a recipe here. http://www.dfw.com/2013/07/12/809588...hot-sauce.html

I am pretty happy with the results, I should have another batch of pepper here in a couple of weeks.

Nice, did you scratch your bum after chopping?

Nice shots!

Swgeeks some good recipes here. What i usually do is put the peppers and what ever else in a processional blender and purree everything, strain, warm to thicken then cool. Before bottling I add a bit of corn syrup and fresh fruit (ascorbic acid) to stabilize. Have you ever made the Belizean Hotsauce. I think habanero's have the best flavor.

http://thehotsauceaddiction.com/hot-sauce-recipe/

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    Swgeeks some good recipes here. What i usually do is put the peppers and what ever else in a processional blender and purree everything, strain, warm to thicken then cool. Before bottling I add a bit of corn syrup and fresh fruit (ascorbic acid) to stabilize. Have you ever made the Belizean Hotsauce. I think habanero's have the best flavor.

http://thehotsauceaddiction.com/hot-sauce-recipe/
    Belizean... is that the one with carrots?

I was told that maybe my Pompeii peppers might be getting some of there heat from cross pollinating with my Apaches...

Belizean, yea thats with habanero and carrots. Got to give it a try, a very neutral pepper sauce flavor that useful for many dishes