E. coli outbreak

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbochef422

Reaction score
I've just been running around for hours because the city I work in has an E. coli outbreak through the city water. Everything from washing lettuce, dishes and soda from the fountain has to be done differently. We had to buy ice, bottled water and soda even bottled water for the bathrooms. We are boiling water to wash produce, clean surfaces ect. Talk about a pain on the ass....

Wouldn't want to work in a kitchen in times like these!

Like it's not are enough already . Any updates?

They said the issue will be fixed by the middle of next week. The health department came down to the restaurant to give us handouts how to boil water. We also have 2 weddings going on and a bunch of reservations on the books at the restaurant.

Mind numbing. I don't envy you. Hope it all works out.

It's probably not going to be right till Tuesday. I happen to have the luxury of working for owners with money but we bought pallets of water emergency diliveries from Pepsi I saw the bottle deposit was $2000. Makes me think how the mom and pop places down the street are going to handle it. Sucks

:scratchhead:

Yeah...'cause I guess you guys couldn't figure that one out, eh? Well, we need government bureaucracies because idiots have to go somewhere.

Hey, I saw that - I now work at the Health Department! ;) But you are spot on about the bureaucracy...

Stefan

Thats less than an hour from me!! If this happens at my new place im screwed. Don't work for the 1% owners anymore.
Best of luck to you and your crew.

Back