Hello!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talim

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've been lurking for a few weeks trying to learn as much as I can and finally decided to join. I stumbled on to this site while searching for knife reviews and I wish I found it sooner. I was actually lurking at the other "forum" but for some reason always thought it was lacking something. I just purchased my first J-knives, a Tanaka blue gyuto and a Tanaka ginsanko petty the other day. Reading Panda's thread, watching Theory's Tanaka video, and being right on budget pretty much sealed the deal for me. I already have some sharpening stones and have been practicing on mom's cutco knives. Can't wait to ditch those knives and actually be able to julienne carrots without giving me blisters lol. Thanks for reading and hope you all have a great day!

Welcome to KFF!

I've heard very good things about the Tanaka Blue steel. How do you think of the Fit and Finish on your knives so far? Handling and the feel of the knives?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I've heard very good things about the Tanaka Blue steel. How do you think of the Fit and Finish on your knives so far? Handling and the feel of the knives?

I haven't received it yet but from what I hear fit and finish are not that great.

Back