Quantcast
Update on my life - and what that means for my handle making - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Update on my life - and what that means for my handle making

Good to hear things are moving along.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

That just made my day Stefan, good to hear you are on the right path. It might not be what you wanted to do, but it could be a good thing. When my father got laid off at 60, he didn't know what to do, he finally got a job, working more, harder, and for less money, hasn't golfed like he used to, and he couldn't be happier. So, I'm not going to say it could be a great thing, but you never know. Good to hear you didn't have to leave Hawaii either. Good luck!

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    This is great news Stefan.
    But do you really think we'd just "let" you quit making handles?
    You're a made guy, there's only one way out.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Stefan. if I can give you a little piece of advice, when thing start to look dark and depressing just remember.....YOU LIVE IN FREAKING HAWAII MAN!

If your still thinking about selling some wood I'd be interested in working something out.

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    This is great news Stefan.
    But do you really think we'd just "let" you quit making handles?
    You're a made guy, there's only one way out.
    Nerd, that is hilarious! Especially when you imagine those words coming out of that red muppets mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hattorichop View Post
    Stefan. if I can give you a little piece of advice, when thing start to look dark and depressing just remember.....YOU LIVE IN FREAKING HAWAII MAN!
    I almost mentioned this, but know that when you're really depressed, the scenery doesn't matter much. That said, the last time I was in Hawaii (Maui I think, or Kauai), I seriously considered not leaving, to the point that I was thinking how little I could get away with earning (working at a hotel or something) to cover food and shelter. If I had to do one thing every day for the rest of my life, it would be sitting on the beach in Hawaii with a good book (and, if possible, a cocktail or four).

Thanks for the update, good to hear there's a light. Your thinking on your handle work all makes sense too.
    I actually know someone who just started work at the same place as a consultant.. Wonder if it's for the same project. Crazy small world, I should PM you a name.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

anything we can do collectively or individually to support you Stephan?.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmnms View Post
    anything we can do collectively or individually to support you Stephan?.
    I'm just across the water bro

Mikey
    Available handles- http://s64.photobucket.com/user/mkri...able%20handles

Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

Thanks everyone for the encouragement here and in the PMs! If all goes as planned, I will struggle another 2 months to come up with money for the rent and then things should be somewhat stable. Unless you are a dean in a School of Public Health/Psychology or you know next week's lottery numbers, there is not much you can do to help at this point. But all the comments and notes I received mean a lot to me!

Stefan